When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Egi running ussues

gymbound

Got my Big Egi back from pbdad today and love the vintaging that has been done. Big problem though, the watch is running intermitantly. When it stops a little giggle will start it running again. I am unfamiliar with a hand wind 7750, anyone got advice. I will be posting pics tomorrow.

It was supposed to read ISSUES sorry for the typo.

Edited by gymbound

wooo, it could also be something inside the gears. As I have many many replica's going through my hands, my watch smith tells me that in case a watch stops all of a sudden, DO NOT shake it to get it running again. When being stopped a good watch smith can find the problem more easily. So the repair can be not expensive. Otherwise a full overhaul will be the answer. And that is expensive, at least 175-200 usd.

Good luck (finding a good watch smith who HAS worked on A7750.

Got my Big Egi back from pbdad today and love the vintaging that has been done. Big problem though, the watch is running intermitantly. When it stops a little giggle will start it running again. I am unfamiliar with a hand wind 7750, anyone got advice. I will be posting pics tomorrow.

It was supposed to read ISSUES sorry for the typo.

I am having the same issues,, post pics of pbdad's work:)

I got mine from DSN, and the 7750 is delicate the way its set up. Did yours come from DSN? I had to send it back cecause it stopped, I think I may have wound it to tightly. but if you send it back to him, he will fix it.

My big Egi from DSN arrived 6 weeks ago.

My experience was that the seconds hand worked but the minutes hand only intermittantly. I just kept winding it, changing its position and now it is working fine.

I agree with the member who said the Egi has a rather conplex and sensitive movement with perhaps a mod by DSN. It seems very sensitive to any sort of shock.

Also the position of the CROWN must be perfect for winding. If not it will free wheel or even be difficult to turn.

So, I would ...

1. Carefully check to position of the crown and make sure the watch is actually wound as it can fool you.

2. Try different positions of the watch

3. Observe it for a few days as it can take that long to 'find' itself.

Otherwise ...

Write DSN as his/her mail response is excellent

Send it to DSN as this movement seems to be very tricky to get going

Patience is the strategy and best of luck!

Edited by Busher

@Dang99....Your Egi looks way awesome with that strap. I have a hard time changing straps with the push pin bar.

Had to have a watchsmith do mine

post-3251-125309472968_thumb.jpg