When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help me decide which 127 to buy

bluerex

Help me decide which 127 to buy

Basically, it is down to 2 options:

1. DSN Ultimate 127 with Swiss 6497 e movemement, sapphire, lume - $460

2. Joshua's 127 which then will have to be sent to Rob (The Zigmeister) for re-lume and service - probably around the same price after the re-lume and service

What do you guys think? Any other options that I have not considered?

Thanks for the comments.

What if I would be prepared to spend the money for Josh's ultimate 127 ($378) + a few hundred on mods? Would the outcome be a better 127 that DSN's ultimate?

This has always been my question too. you might consider paul from pam111. they sell the ultimate 127 for 329usd only. But I have heard from many veterans here that dsn fiddy is in many aspects better than the ultimate. to start with better lume, best sapphire, best and most accurate hands. Bear in mind a good lume application wud be 150 usd. so if you want the best out of the box fiddy dsn is the way to go. There is no way to get a perfect fiddy anyways unless you can get hold of the infamous eddie lee first gen fiddy case. good luck

Thanks for the comments.

What if I would be prepared to spend the money for Josh's ultimate 127 ($378) + a few hundred on mods? Would the outcome be a better 127 that DSN's ultimate?

Remember that the Andrew can send You a 127 that is NOT the same as on the pictures!!!! :huh:

And I got one of those 378$ 127 that did NOT have a swiss eta AND not saffire crystal ( mineral can break more easyly!9

So my advice is 100% go for Davidsen and ask him to take a picture of the EXACT watch he is going to send to You BEFORE he sends it to You.

You can't always count on Davidsen sending you up to date pics either. You may want to try Hont (trusted dealer on RWI). I just received my 308 with Sea-Gull from him, charged much less than Cartel (Josh/Andrew), sent pics of actual watch before mailing and very responsive to email - speaks great English. If you'd like, I can PM you his email.

EDIT: Wait, I forgot it was a 127 you're looking at. DSN would be your best bet still. As it is a sandwich dial, you will save around $120 USD in luming charges (his will be good enough), and he is know for quit good 127 reps.

you can still send paul from pam111.com a message. He is very responsive and nice to talk with. He confirmed to me that the ultimate fiddy he is selling is using a genuine swiss unitas eta and has 100% sapphire (not a synthetic or mineral one). he also claims that the picture is how the actual watch will look like so less probability of any dissatisfaction. I wondered if the ultimate from Josh/Andrew is the same Paul is offering? anyone got an idea?

MY dsn mm20 has got a blueish-violet AR. As far as I know gen pams dont have ARs at all. thats the reason why some members try yo remove it. But if you still want to add a nice AR finish to your watches I recommend you to our reputable member Chieftang. He will be able to help you.

MY dsn mm20 has got a blueish-violet AR. As far as I know gen pams dont have ARs at all. thats the reason why some members try yo remove it. But if you still want to add a nice AR finish to your watches I recommend you to our reputable member Chieftang. He will be able to help you.

Hi Peneristi.

Yes, I have been waiting for Chief's next run for a while - have a few crystals that need loving.

I was asking about DSN's AR in order to determine if this one will also have to be sent to Chief.

Hi Peneristi.

Yes, I have been waiting for Chief's next run for a while - have a few crystals that need loving.

I was asking about DSN's AR in order to determine if this one will also have to be sent to Chief.

check the following link of my dsn mm20. I cannot judge about the quality of the ar as I do not own other hommages other than dsn. hopefully my pictures can solve your concerns.

DSN Again. I really do not think that when it comes to rep pams, there is no one better than DSN. The bluish AR on my 127 needs to be fixed, but otherwise it is not so noticable :clapping:

you can still send paul from pam111.com a message. He is very responsive and nice to talk with. He confirmed to me that the ultimate fiddy he is selling is using a genuine swiss unitas eta and has 100% sapphire (not a synthetic or mineral one). he also claims that the picture is how the actual watch will look like so less probability of any dissatisfaction. I wondered if the ultimate from Josh/Andrew is the same Paul is offering? anyone got an idea?

Sure.... Paul is a nice guy to talk with.....until you have a problem......

I ordered a pam 199 from him which was totally [censored] up. He told me to send it back as I did. Since it was more than a month since I sent the watch, I asked him what the status was. No reply. After a few more emails he finally answered and told me that he never received the watch.

This was like 3 months after I sent it to him.

I started an investigation with my shipping company and they told me that the package was delivered and signed for 9 days after I shipped it.

I gave Paul a copy if this message and he told me that he had to find out what happened. Since I didn't hear from him, I contacted him again and he told me that he found the watch but that I [censored] it up myself !!!????? (sure.......loose hour markers on the dial, very poorly finished GC, lug screws hand cut by factory because the thread in the case was cut so poorly that the screws didn't fit. While I was unwrapping the watch a screw felt out) He proposed that he will get it fixed but that we should split the cost.

Since this was a brand new watch I didn't want to get it fixed but I wanted a new one so I disagreed. He told me that he would send me a new one free of charge but that he would never deal with me again because customers like me cost him too much money.

He actually did send me a new one. (Took more than 6 months since I did sent it back to him!)

Trust me, I'm a pretty easy guy to deal with. I know that some customers can drive you crazy (every day e-mail with: did you received the watch?, just checking if you had time to look at it!, can you let me know when you expect to send it back? etc etc...) I'm not that kind of guy though.

Sorry for the little frustration here!

Sure.... Paul is a nice guy to talk with.....until you have a problem......

I ordered a pam 199 from him which was totally [censored] up. He told me to send it back as I did. Since it was more than a month since I sent the watch, I asked him what the status was. No reply. After a few more emails he finally answered and told me that he never received the watch.

This was like 3 months after I sent it to him.

I started an investigation with my shipping company and they told me that the package was delivered and signed for 9 days after I shipped it.

I gave Paul a copy if this message and he told me that he had to find out what happened. Since I didn't hear from him, I contacted him again and he told me that he found the watch but that I [censored] it up myself !!!????? (sure.......loose hour markers on the dial, very poorly finished GC, lug screws hand cut by factory because the thread in the case was cut so poorly that the screws didn't fit. While I was unwrapping the watch a screw felt out) He proposed that he will get it fixed but that we should split the cost.

Since this was a brand new watch I didn't want to get it fixed but I wanted a new one so I disagreed. He told me that he would send me a new one free of charge but that he would never deal with me again because customers like me cost him too much money.

He actually did send me a new one. (Took more than 6 months since I did sent it back to him!)

Trust me, I'm a pretty easy guy to deal with. I know that some customers can drive you crazy (every day e-mail with: did you received the watch?, just checking if you had time to look at it!, can you let me know when you expect to send it back? etc etc...) I'm not that kind of guy though.

Sorry for the little frustration here!

I m sorry to hear that you had to go through a watch nerds worst nightmare but at least you have got your watch finally. Problems might occur occasionally maybe more frequently on bigger dealers. thx for sharing your experience.