When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aerospace Battery replacement

arniezac

The battery on my Aerospace has just given up on me and I was wondering if anyone has replaced it themselves or is this strictly for the professionals.

I'll tinker on my reps no trouble but as this is my only decent Gen and at the moment in immaculate condition,

I want to be sure before I try.

What do all you fine people think ?

Should not be too hard,

Back off, flick the little tab that holds the batt in place (or undoo a cpl of screws and remove a plate), pop in new one, grease seal and replace back. That's it for most watches. Try to keep your fingers off the batt as much as possible and wash your hands first, preff with one of those alcohol based "waterless sanitisers" to remove as much of your skins oils as possible. If you're clever you can use a pair of plastic tweezers but I find 'em to clumsy.

NFI what it uses but if it's a silver oxide make shure you use a SRxxxW and not a SRxxxSW if you want your watch to live. It may even have two batts, one for the digi and one for the analoge side. If that's the case one or the other prob still works.PM me the numbers on the batt and I'll send you the different numbers for various brands of batt.

Col.

I recommend taking to your AD. This way if anything happens, your AD will take care of it with Breitling. If you attempt it and some thing does go wrong where the watch needs to be sent to Breitling, you will automatically be charged the basic service fee (I think around $150-$200 for quartz).

My battery went dead last year on my Airwolf. When my AD replaced the battery the service tech. some how cross threaded the case back on. I noticed a couple days later the case back was not sitting level to the rest of the watch and returned it to my AD. They sent it to Breitling along with the warranty/service book that was filed out showing the battery replacement. 3 weeks later I got my Airwolf back. New case, case back, movement serviced and all polished up looking brand new. $1775 was the cost all covered by BUSA. Also most AD's offer free battery replacement for life if you purchased the piece from them.

:drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

After recent events involving my UPO and its near death experience (theres a recent thread in the omega section

if anybody needs a wakeup call as to how fast things can go t**s-up when tinkering with reps :shock: ) I thought it was best to take my Aerospace to an Authorised repair center.

There's one quite local to me, so I dropped it in this morning and they'll have it for around a week to do a basic maintenance service,new battery, seals and a pressure test .

No messing with Gens for me...........ever! :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to pop up on this so late but I just thought I'd say that I'd agree that even a "simple" job of replacing the battery should be carried out by Breitling. I say this because I got a local watchmaker to replace the battery in my 2004 Aerospace. He managed to crack the crystal and damage the movement (when he screwed the back on). Breitling charged