When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Good Is Joshua's Air King?

kasigi

I've decided I really like the styling of the Air King, it's subtle and classy, but finding good pictures of the genuine article isn't that easy.

106816-24802.jpg 106816-24803.jpg 106816-24804.jpg 106816-24805.jpg

For those who know this watch, how good is Joshua's? It has the ETA 2836-2 movement so that should be decent, but are there any glaring errors on the watch itself.

From what I can gather through extensive use of the search facility, the Air King is pretty easy to replicate and the Silix one is good, but I'd rather have a 2836 movement than the asian one. I can't find any comments about Josh's model though.

Thanks.

I've decided I really like the styling of the Air King, it's subtle and classy, but finding good pictures of the genuine article isn't that easy.

106834-24795.jpg 106834-24796.jpg 106834-24797.jpg 106834-24798.jpg

For those who know this watch, how good is Joshua's? It has the ETA 2836-2 movement so that should be decent, but are there any glaring errors on the watch itself.

From what I can gather through extensive use of the search facility, the Air King is pretty easy to replicate and the Silix one is good, but I'd rather have a 2836 movement than the asian one. I can't find any comments about Josh's model though.

Thanks.

I have several AirKings from Joshua,Trusty and SilixPrime. The font "AirKing" is correct and the weight of the overall watch is very close to the genuine.

I think you will be pleased. All of the models that I have appear to be from the same manufacturer.

Pick your dealer and then pick the watch!

I don't think you can make a really bad DJ/Air King/Explorer I. I bought a TW best Exp I from EL and a Chinese Exp I and SS DJ from Paul, they're three of the most accurate reps I have owned (the Chinese Exp I I gave to my brother). I dp have to say that the TW best Exp I is definitely better, although maybe not in a really obvious way, compared to the Chinese Explorer. But it also cost $100 more.

<snip>

We'll soon know. I have this very watch on order from Joshua. Should be here this weekend. I'll try to post some pics and a review.

Edited by ttgmt

Hmm, I've been trying to find which exact model that is which I posted but I'm having problems finding the one with the silver/white dial and number markers rather than stick markers for the 3, 6 and 9 with the plain bezel.

Anyone know the exact model number this is a replica of?

I think the Air-King version with stick markers for some reason usually is better than the one with Explorer-style dial.

Here is a comparison with my Silix Air-King vs the one in the catalogue:

107495-24686.jpg

Edited by chrgod