When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first rep: Spin's DW 6263

auman20

The dial sould be replaced. I have no doubt about it, but I will wait until I hear something from Spin. Hope he can do something. Meanwhile, if you have any good sources for the dial, please share withe me.

Again, thanks for your pictures and reponses.

I feel terrible about this since I was the seller. I have taken what I feel are necessary steps as a responsible person and contacted Spin myself. Spinmaster has agreed to honor the request for a new dial and to stand behind his watch; making sure the customer is happy.

I will wait to here from auman20 as to how to proceed.

Thank you, vlydog

This is your first rep mate. You still have time to go full gen... so go get one.

$1500 vs. $35,000...big delta!!

Thanks Vlydog for taking this on...and thanks Spin for providing good customer service. This is one of those tricky situations because I'm sure Vlydog did in fact sell in good faith, not being aware of any issues and representing things as he saw and understood them to be.

Glad to hear things are moving and this didn't get crazy or out of hand. Two thumbs up for all the gents!!

I feel terrible about this since I was the seller. I have taken what I feel are necessary steps as a responsible person and contacted Spin myself. Spinmaster has agreed to honor the request for a new dial and to stand behind his watch; making sure the customer is happy.

I will wait to here from auman20 as to how to proceed.

Thank you, vlydog

We agreed on Spin will send me a new dial. Now I see why many of you say we can depend on him. I will donate some money when it is solved to say thank you RWG members. Thanks to Vlydog as well.

I have not been in the rep scene for long but long enough to know that rep factories don't subscribe to cGMP school of thought. They have ver1, ver 2 ver 3 ultimate and very ultimate versions. DW parts are not an exclusion to this rule.

As factories come up with new versions, some parts get better, some parts get worse. So when do you pull the trigger to buy? The decision rests entirely on the buyer. Wait out for an improved version and risk missing the boat altogether or buy now and be done with it. When dealing with members, you ask for pictures and make a decision.

I know for a fact that DW current dials are improved from his earlier versions. What are we gonna do about it?

When the dealers release version 2 or version 3, do we expect the dealers to compensate the early birds with upgrades? FGD's latest dials are better than his earlier versions but we don't see the early birds clamouring for a replacement dial, now do we?

What's the difference here?

This is your first rep mate. You still have time to go full gen... so go get one.

Extremely well put, mate. :good:

I only hope that this will not set a precedent for others to start claiming for FOC improved version dials... be it DW Daytonas, parts builders or mainstream dealers' watches... ;)

We agreed on Spin will send me a new dial. Now I see why many of you say we can depend on him. I will donate some money when it is solved to say thank you RWG members. Thanks to Vlydog as well.

Not thread-crapping here dude, but to the un-informed, your postings seem to imply that you were somehow shortchanged by Spin (through vlydog of course)? As southcoast68 has already stated, Spin does NOT manufacture DW parts. He builds them from scratch using DW case kits....And build them well, horologically-speaking, he definitely does. I can personally attest to that. :) Those who have been in this game long enough will also know the inherent problems found in DW's ready-made Daytonas, for sure...which is why in this hobby of ours, research is most important...

Glad that Spin has agreed to send you a new dial FOC. For someone who has just started out in the rep scene, I think you are lucky, i should say. This is simply due to the fact that vlydog, the original buyer of this Daytona in question, did not initially make a claim for a replacement dial from Spin (which I honestly believe that Spin would also have replaced the dial, anyway ;)). In most cases, I believe that when a rep has been sold on, the new owner should not be able to claim for FOC parts from the dealers. vlydog & Spin, are both gentlemen in this aspect. I wouldn't dare bet my last dollar that any of the cartel (or maybe even DW himself) would be willing to replace parts to new owners of such pre-owned watches. All hell would definitely break loose once that happens. Kudos to you for offering a donation to RWG... Well done! :good:

Just my $0.02 worth. :)

• 2 months later...

Just want to say say thank you to both Spinmaster and Vlydog. The new dial was delivered, and the old one was replaced by my watchsmith. The whole process took long, but it definately worths. I believe they deserve to get huge credits about this process.

If I am reading this correctly, you bought this watch based off of Spin's stock pics? If that is the case, why would you do that? If you had pics of the actual watch, you should have known what you were buying. My Spin DW has a very nice dial, but I accept it for what it is ... A rep with an incorrect mvmt and wrong sub dial spacing.