When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Frankenwatches

Heywood

After seeing all of the nice work posted lately I got inspired to show a couple of my watch projects. Please excuse the crappy photography-This is my first attempt to post photos!

The first shots are a ref 1024, oyster perpetual gold cap model. This watch is nearly all rolex parts, but sourced from around the globe. The case came from Hong Kong, movement came from Australia, the auto assembly from PA, US, dial is genuine, but refinished, hands aftermarket and don't quite match the 14k gold cap case. The movement is a genuine calibre 1520-this case ref should house calibre 1570 chronometer rated movement. Anyway here it is.

106952-24775.jpg

106952-24776.jpg

106952-24777.jpg

106952-24778.jpg

The next watch is a ladies stainless steel ref 6718. The case, crystal, dial and bracelet are all genuine and the movement is an ETA model 2000, used as a base movement by Omega I believe in some ladies models. The hands are not a perfect fit, but the watch is so damn little you cant really tell. I built this watch for my wife and I think she may have worn it once? Oh well!

106952-24779.jpg

106952-24780.jpg

106952-24781.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity to post these Frankemwatches.

I've got a vintage 5512 coming from Trusty I'm gonna start working on once it gets here. I'm looking forward to working on the sub and will post pics soon I hope.