When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5th gen PO vs UPO

Guest OrenG

UPOs are $280 USD arent they? I haven't priced one.

Most are, I'm shopping around so I can find one that has decent customer service and provides an Asian movement, off topic though, does my avatar count as an asian movement? :rofl:

Edited by OrenG

The thing about this community that I don't understand is their quest to make the rep just like the gen. The whole purpose of me getting a rep is because I can't afford a gen, and adding $1000 worth of parts defeats the purpose, I might as well just pay the odd 700+ more to get a gen, that way I wouldn't have to install it myself. But again that defeats the purpose for me and to me seems kind of pointless.

Aaah...then you misunderstand a large portion of why this community exists. It is there for info exchange on cheaper watches...but more importantly it is a Community of WATCH enthusiasts first...not just deal finders...but watch hobbyists. Part of the passion generated by the hobby is tinkering...and that tinkering leads to modding for aging, getting that little bit more accuracy through custom machining, sourcing gen parts and/or doing whatever it takes to go that next level.

Some Franken reps cost more than some people's cars with movements ALONE (not counting base watch, time, shipping, etc) costing $1500.

In some cases, the reps being created are of watches costing $100K (e.g. Rolex Single and Double Reds, 6541's, etc)...so creating a $4000 masterpiece is still leagues shy of the gen cost...if you could even find one for sale!

RWG exists as a group of folks who love watches...and that's why people stick around here because the rest of the world is happy with their Timex's.