When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17RS2

lacoste99

i have this rep. already for quite some time now from Trusty time. Good rep but 2 flaws in comparison with the real one: a shiny cast instead of matt. And the leather strap looks a bit cheaper than the strap of the real one. But for the rest a very good rep indeed. Good luck with it.

i have this rep. already for quite some time now from Trusty time. Good rep but 2 flaws in comparison with the real one: a shiny cast instead of matt. And the leather strap looks a bit cheaper than the strap of the real one. But for the rest a very good rep indeed. Good luck with it.

so would you say its worth it?

Maybe this is dicussed here?? Just a couple of questions/statements:

I have seen the original. Actually I am looking at splurging for the real deal. It will be my first legit. I have a couple of Panerai reps. This is the only Tag I really like. Its damn sweet in real life though.

With the Real thing I think TH changed their mind and didnt end up releasing this as a limited edition so on the back the LE scibe is probably an immediate give?

Also the Real is so light. It is Ultralight Titanium whatever that means, So I presume the Rep will be heavier? Would that be right?

I am a bit annoyed taht they have a pretty good rep. Making me rethink if to get this or not as the rep does look pretty good :)

Thoughts, Experiences??

I just purchased the gen from my AD for $5900AUD ($5400USD'ish). Maybe you didnt ask your AD 'nicely' :) I reckon it is well worth it personally.

Retail here in Australia it is tagged at $8500AUD. I do a fait bit of negotiation in my business so maybe I did alright but I didnt really hit as hard as I could of. I was to eager to get it taht day.

TAG was definitely not my first choice of brands. This is the only TAG I like in their whole range. This was my price range and I have looked at other brands and couldnt find anything I liked within this budget.

So no offence but it is really up to you not what some AD tells you that you should like/buy. Do your homework and If you are happy with it, you can afford it, then get it and wear it well.

I am crap with a camera but if anyone was interested I could get some pics of it.

Cheers.

AJ

Edited by netfast

• 1 month later...

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first rep and after drooling over so many watches and the reviews, I still keep coming back to this one.

Before I do, any wise words from those who have bought or any advice on any of the alternatives (to the black) as I like them all to be fair :blink:

Edited by Pedro8

I purchased the rep Calibre 17 (non RS) and to be honest I was disappointed with it, but that was probably because of the dealer I got it from. There were some easy tells that I just didnt like. Any how what it did do was allow me to get a feel for it. Instead I went for an F1, totally different watch I know.

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first rep and after drooling over so many watches and the reviews, I still keep coming back to this one.

Before I do, any wise words from those who have bought or any advice on any of the alternatives (to the black) as I like them all to be fair :blink:

As i mentioned above, the original Calibre 17 (Non RS) looks much better imo, with less inaccuracies

The only flaw for this model is the 30mm difference in thickness, which causes another flaw, the sunken datewheel

Other than that this rep is beautiful, very close to the gen, especialy after modifying the rotor with the new "Calibre 17" design

One more thing u should consider is that this model, (like any other Asia7750) needs servicing upon arrival

Cheers

Pedro don't buy this watch!!!

I have the regular edition and I sent it to The Zigmeister 1 month ago to do a service on it. The Zigmeister told me he wasn't able to service the watch. The watch has a bad construction and a lot of problems. The watch will die soon due its bad construction.

STAY AWAY of this model!!

Pedro don't buy this watch!!!

I have the regular edition and I sent it to The Zigmeister 1 month ago to do a service on it. The Zigmeister told me he wasn't able to service the watch. The watch has a bad construction and a lot of problems. The watch will die soon due its bad construction.

STAY AWAY of this model!!

Really? Glad I asked for advice before I purchased, considering the price for a rep that's a right bastard.

You didnt buy from the same place as Dolphinfriendly did you?

Looks like I might be rethinking my first purchase.

Thanks for the warning Fiti!

I bought it from Tony (asian7750). I don't think it is matter from who you buy it (same factory).

I was the first one to send this model to The Zigmeister (he told he had never opened this model before). Here are The Zigmeister's comments:

"This is a terrible watch that is not designed correctly, and is going to have many problems. When I first opened it I noticed that the hands were touching each other, which is not normal. The reason the hands were touching each other is that there is no space between the dial and the crystal for the hands. The watch was previously worked on by someone, the caseback was installed upside down, and there were finger prints inside the movement. I am going to put the hands and dial back on, and close the watch up and do no more work on it. If there are problems with the watch they will not be my responsibility due to it being worked on before I got it, and the design problems."

I had planned to create a topic about this crappy watch but I didn't have the time.

Please, stay away and avoid this model. It's a waste of money.