When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen caseback for Navitimer

Friedhelm

This is my first forum topic and I want to say "hello" to all members at first.

I come from Germany and I've bought a Navitimer TT Rep for two month ago.

On of the typical flaw is the shape of the caseback.

Is it possible to change the caseback with a gen one?

I don't know if it exactly fits, but maybe somebody of you have experience with it.

But it's difficult enough to get a single gen caseback for a Navitimer.

It's nice to be here

Friedhelm

post-24805-12546762013_thumb.jpg

Edited by Friedhelm

Agreed, I've never seen a Navi caseback for sale anywhere. The Navi reps have been out there for a few years now, and all come from the same factory. Hopefully its time for an update, or maybe a different factory might take a shot at it. I'm sure there are a lot of Breitling fans out there that wouldn't hesitate to add a Navi to their collection if they were done right!

Agreed, I've never seen a Navi caseback for sale anywhere. The Navi reps have been out there for a few years now, and all come from the same factory. Hopefully its time for an update, or maybe a different factory might take a shot at it. I'm sure there are a lot of Breitling fans out there that wouldn't hesitate to add a Navi to their collection if they were done right!

Yeah, I'm totally with you on that, I'm sure it'd be a top seller. Anyway, I couldn't wait and went for a MB L

Thanks to all of you for the informations.

That's what i thought an already feared.

But anyway, the NT Two Tone REP with black leather strap is one of the most beautiful watches.

I'm exited about my second Breitling I've ordered. It's an Avenger Skyland with brown leather strap.

Thanks

It's nice to be here

Friedhelm

The Navitimer rep is a nice watch but not 100% accurate - the case is slightly smaller than the gen and the lugs are a different shape etc. I have a 'Fighters' edition rep, with a Swiss movement and gen (non-Fighters) dial and think that it's great, especially on a gen strap. I also have a gen Aviastar, which is similar to a Navitimer, probably the same case but a different bezel / crystal. I haven't tried swapping the backs as I don't want to scratch the Aviastar and I don't see the point of estab;ishing that a gen caseback would actually fit because there is no chance of finding one anyhow. Just enjoy what you've got until someone decides to do an accurate rep - preferably of the Old Navitimer II, as a gen Swiss 7750 would drop right in there.