When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Sub Rep Pictures From Joshua

Bluray

Picked up my first rep Sub from Joshua today...I am very happy he was an excellent dealer and will be my choice for the next ones as well I will be buying. Anyhow I am new to the game but learning lots, not sure what flaws are super obvious on my new watch but with or without them I love it and will wear it well! Check out some shots below and tell me your thoughts I would love to hear them.

http://www.ballstarhockey.ca/files/

Cheers :thumbsupsmileyanim:

LOOKS GOOD :thumbsupsmileyanim: I got the exact same from Josh and i verry happy with it.

I just might want to change the bracelet...

2nd that - its much better than the modern MBW i had -

(no fat SD-brezel, no bold date-font, superb dial-printing, correct bracelet....)

and waterresist - went swimming with it - no problem.

will change only the insert and its perfecto :)

till the next version comes out :p

Datewindow is too far on the right...

Like on all CN Subs...

Rg tribal

.. and on some gen watches ;)

its an easy fix - new insert - cyclopes a little to the left - bingo.

for half the price of a MBW its a winner :)

here is mine - waiting for some action :

107867-24645.jpg

Nice looking Sub!

I read a thread where the person describes taking a chisel to remove the cyclops! :huh:

Apparently no damage to the crystal, but I would be really apprehensive in doing this on my own. Good luck to you with the new watch!

Nice looking Sub!

I read a thread where the person describes taking a chisel to remove the cyclops! :huh:

Apparently no damage to the crystal, but I would be really apprehensive in doing this on my own. Good luck to you with the new watch!

i myself will not tuch the cyclops - its okay for me - only the new insert - thats all :)

May be the all time stupid question but why can I not find anything by searching on how the date can know if the month had 28, 30 or 31 etc days in it? You dont have to set the day on your own all the time obviously...please enlighten me on this...yes I am a noob! Thanks guys. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Bluray

The simple explanation is it will not know. At midnight February 28th, the date will click over to show 29 just as it will do in March.

On months where the number of days is less than 31, you will have to manually forward the watch either by advancing the hours or by using the quick-set feature of the movement.

Don't worry, this is the same on the genuine models as well.

For homework, research annual and perpetual movements.

The simple explanation is it will not know. At midnight February 28th, the date will click over to show 29 just as it will do in March.

On months where the number of days is less than 31, you will have to manually forward the watch either by advancing the hours or by using the quick-set feature of the movement.

Don't worry, this is the same on the genuine models as well.

For homework, research annual and perpetual movements.

Thanks everyone for the help, reading all about "annual and perpetual movements" now. :D

Does Josh's classic sub take gen inserts?

No, the insert will have to be sanded down a bit around the outside and quite a bit more underneath. You might want to practice first on a crappy insert before you try it on a better insert. It takes tons of patience. Good Luck

Picked up my first rep Sub from Joshua today...I am very happy he was an excellent dealer and will be my choice for the next ones as well I will be buying. Anyhow I am new to the game but learning lots, not sure what flaws are super obvious on my new watch but with or without them I love it and will wear it well! Check out some shots below and tell me your thoughts I would love to hear them.

http://www.ballstarhockey.ca/files/

Cheers :thumbsupsmileyanim:

That looks like the upgraded case Chinese version that Josh sells. The crown guards are improved as is the shape of the case from the old CN versions.

The pundits will still pick at the date mag, as it is a shade too far to the right, but no Sub I am aware of has a better, brighter date - sitting in my watch box with 19 other Rollies, I can spot that watch straight away.

For whatever it is worth, I have had several of them from Josh, they have all tested to be perfectly waterproof to 5ATM, and every single one has kept very good time as it came. They are durable and reliable in daily use.

post-223-1156561900_thumb.jpg

Lately, I have been wearing the MBW vintage watches most of the time, but the "perfect" Subs and SDs with the lug holes are close contenders, and the contermporary versions of those same watches are very sweet too.

Enjoy your watch, and don't worry about water - it won't embarrass you.

Bill

.. and on some gen watches ;)

its an easy fix - new insert - cyclopes a little to the left - bingo.

for half the price of a MBW its a winner :)

here is mine - waiting for some action :

108490-24501.jpg

Not really,because the datewindow is also too far on the right...

Crystal swapping doesn't work,I have tried...

But rehaut depth looks good to me...

RG tribal