When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Small review & pics of our new rep green Milguass, Pro Hunter Deep Sea

yellowaudi

My roommate and I got some new reps in the mail today, courtesy Joshua. Here's some pics.

_PLM0088.jpg

_PLM0089.jpg

_PLM0098.jpg

_PLM0102.jpg

_PLM0106.jpg

_PLM0108.jpg

_PLM0110.jpg

_PLM0111.jpg

_PLM0114.jpg

_PLM0119.jpg

We're real happy about the quality. Both are Asian movements, and while I notice it's slightly louder then my Swiss ETA GMTII ceramic (my 'daily' watch), I love the look of the Pro Hunter, think I might have to pick one up for myself now that he's got it...a little too big for my taste though haha. Maybe a Pro Hunter Sub or something along those lines. The pearl on the PH is what really gets me - it looks so much better then most of the pearls on reps I've seen. Quality piece and looks stunning. I think if an all-black rollie is your thing, it's a must have.

While I've never seen a Gen Milguass, the sapphire really does it...looks pretty great. Since it's tough to capture in pics, the best way to describe the glass is simply everything reflects 'green' and the glass has a nice green ring around it where it meets the case. The watch is simple and quite the oddball of the Rolex collection, but I like it for something different to wear around on random days when the GMTII needs a break. I like it a lot...kind of wish I got the white though. The green lume is good for a rep, but the orange doesn't seem to illuminate, and the orange paint on it looks a little 'fuzzy'. The rehaut engraving is very low key on this watch, I didn't even notice it for a minute when unpacking the piece. But it does suffer from that ever-so-slight wide 'O' (as in the letter O in rolex) that drives me mad on my GMTII as one of it's major flaws. It's also not very deep, which is a plus to me because it's less noticeable. Overall, the Milguass is an awesome watch for the price though. Different compared to my usual taste, but I am a fan. It looks quite accurate in my opinion, but I'm still learning and haven't seen one in real life, so my opinion there only goes so far compared to many others here. Hence the pics :)

I know I'm no By-Tor when it comes to watch reviews, but just a newb trying to give back to the quality this forum provides. Hope you enjoy.

Edited by yellowaudi

dude... awesome pics!! these up close pics really help show the quality!!

i think from these pics, i might have to get a dssd... *sigh* lol i promised myself i won't do it, since the factories keep making 20 different versions..

im getting the milgauss eta from sead soon... cant wait :)

i wanted to ask, the pro-hunter... it has a ceramic bezel right? and how is the 'sheen' on the bracelet? is it too shiny in person or pretty matte?

thanks! and keep up the good photography

dude... awesome pics!! these up close pics really help show the quality!!

i think from these pics, i might have to get a dssd... *sigh* lol i promised myself i won't do it, since the factories keep making 20 different versions..

im getting the milgauss eta from sead soon... cant wait :)

i wanted to ask, the pro-hunter... it has a ceramic bezel right? and how is the 'sheen' on the bracelet? is it too shiny in person or pretty matte?

thanks! and keep up the good photography

Yes on the ceramic bezel, and the finish on the bracelet would be "just right" in my opinion - quite nice matte black. It reflects a bit, but it's a perfect matte black. I'm a huge fan of the look.