When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh's New Vintage

TJGladeRaider

Yep, that thread really confused me.

I thought I started that thread, and it took me a while to figure out that we both started very nearly the same thread at almost the same time.

It is interesting to me that the watch is represented as being a better watch than the MBWs were, but this one is marketed with the Asian movement. The lug holes definitely look too low, nbut that may not be too big a deal since it would be possible to "raise" the centers when reboring for the larger springbars - possible, but I'd leave it to JMB, our Machinist in Residence, to tell us what would be involved in that. My concern would be that it would change the center axis of the springbars, which would result in a bracelet that wouldn't fit.

I'll also be real curious to see what Ziggy says once he has had one in for mods.

Josh says the case is a better material than the MBWs - 316F Stainless.

Bill

Yep, that thread really confused me.

I thought I started that thread, and it took me a while to figure out that we both started very nearly the same thread at almost the same time.

It is interesting to me that the watch is represented as being a better watch than the MBWs were, but this one is marketed with the Asian movement. The lug holes definitely look too low, nbut that may not be too big a deal since it would be possible to "raise" the centers when reboring for the larger springbars - possible, but I'd leave it to JMB, our Machinist in Residence, to tell us what would be involved in that. My concern would be that it would change the center axis of the springbars, which would result in a bracelet that wouldn't fit.

I'll also be real curious to see what Ziggy says once he has had one in for mods.

Josh says the case is a better material than the MBWs - 316F Stainless.

Bill

It might be possible, would require a miniature end mill, any kind of drill bit will just try to follow the hole. There is not an end mill he correct size but a 3/64" is just a little smaller by around .050". If the hole could be "moved" with this it could then be drilled to proper size... This could get expensive since a 3/64" cobalt end mill is about $20 and I have no idea how many holes it would be god for or if it would just catch and snap off! If somebody'll buy a handful of 'em and send me a bare case I'd be more than happy to try! :whistling: