When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki's 7206 expanding folded Oyster

Nanuq

I've got two of Yuki's 7206 bracelets here, and I've got to say I'm impressed. Well, I'm "pretty" impressed. One of them is just great but the other has endlinks from hell, all dented and nasty looking. To his credit, Yuki gladly agreed to take it back and pick another good one for me, and send photos before shipping. GREAT service! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I polished up the good bracelet with some paste, worked over the links thoroughly, and have it on my 6536 as I type this. It's really, really nice.

There has been some discussion recently on VRF about the 7206 bracelets we're seeing recently. Here is a treasure trove of additional information about "what to look for". It's worth a read. Interestingly, Yuki's example has the double curve at the clasp. Very nice.

VRF 7206 discussion

Hey Guys!

Does Yuki deal only with existing customers? I have emailed him several times inquiring about a complete set of parts to build a

Paul Newman 6463 and I haven't had a response form him! Going on 3 weeks now!

Any input will be appreciated!

Hike

Make sure you ask him to verify the end links are smooth (no dents). I looked at my clasp again and it has a double profile, but that is not quite like the gen double profile... but it's an attempt. Tell him you're from RWG, I said he could expect a lot of business from the watch nuts here if he had GOOD parts.

I'm also talking with him about his non-riveted folded Oysters with hollow mid links. As soon as the factory gets some made he's going to send photos. I've also told him there will be strong demand for "large" tubes in the end links to take 2mm spring bars. He is going to specifically ask the factory to build them like that. I'd look for those within 2 or 3 months. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Remember their English is very broken so keep communications very simple. I've been talking to the technician that's involved in design and it's obvious he's sharp as a tack, and his language skills are much better than the average guys responding to email. But still I keep it really simple and low-key. No worries.

I would not put too much credence into rlxDeusIrae's 'double curve' indicator of gen-ability. None of my gens (including a gold capped rivet) have that profile

0151-2.jpg

And, to complicate matters more, there are myriad variations within the range of clasps Rolex installed on their vintage bracelets during the 50s through the 70s. There are also design differences between bracelets destined for the US vs Europe. And when you throw in all of the bracelet musical-chairs shenanigans that vintage Rolex bracelets are being subjected to by rogue sellers (which can fool even the most fastidious of 'authorities', if you are not careful), you can end up with a bracelet composed of parts from several different (gen) sources. Further, my Yuki's clasp closely matches 1 of my gens (gen top, Yuki bottom)

0551-1.jpg

A better indicator (unless Nanuq's samples have since been corrected) is the lack of polished surfaces on the underside of Yuki's rivet 7206 (the gens are polished). Of course, this can (& should) easily be remedied with a few minutes of Dremeling & some rouge (if/when you are able to sort out the too-small springbar loop issue).