When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UN Blue Surf, has the question ever been answered?

jdkno

Just wondering.

I am sure we have all seen photos of the gen that shows a stark contrast between the dial and the waves. I have yet to see any pictures of a rep that duplicate this. I have heard people say that there is a contrast on the rep dial but I can't find any photos showing it.

Anyone have a good pic of the rep showing the contrast?

Just wondering.

I am sure we have all seen photos of the gen that shows a stark contrast between the dial and the waves. I have yet to see any pictures of a rep that duplicate this. I have heard people say that there is a contrast on the rep dial but I can't find any photos showing it.

Anyone have a good pic of the rep showing the contrast?

The difference has nothing to do with the angle you view it at, and the waves are raised on the rep as they are on the gen.

The difference is that on the gen the waves are matte while the rest of the face is polished making the contrast of the waves to the rest of the face very strong. On the rep the waves are only raised but not brushed so the contrast is not as strong.

Certainly a noticeable difference but the rep is still a great value.

Edited by andyking18

The difference has nothing to do with the angle you view it at, and the waves are raised on the rep as they are on the gen.

The difference is that on the gen the waves are matte while the rest of the face is polished making the contrast of the waves to the rest of the face very strong. On the rep the waves are only raised but not brushed so the contrast is not as strong.

Certainly a noticeable difference but the rep is still a great value.

Yeah that the contrast I was asking about. I saw a gen and believe me from 3' away you could see the contrast looking staight on at the watch.

I guess we should assume that trying to brush the waves on a rep dial with a 3M or something would most certianly remove the paint too.

Yeah that the contrast I was asking about. I saw a gen and believe me from 3' away you could see the contrast looking staight on at the watch.

I guess we should assume that trying to brush the waves on a rep dial with a 3M or something would most certianly remove the paint too.

I was thinking the same thing...I was hoping some1 would do this mod first...one would only have to dull the paint with some light brushing.