When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Prince Date Project

lanikai

I guess this is sorta related, or wil be once I start building one of these. I found these hands on e-Bay and from some pictures I've looked at the hour and minutes hand should be silver, the seconds hand red arrowhead, and the chrono hands black - at least on a white faced model, correct? I suppose I could take the e-Bay hands, paint the red arrowhead and the little 'uns black and be pretty close. I could not find anything even close on ofrei or cousins...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400038110647&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

I guess this is sorta related, or wil be once I start building one of these. I found these hands on e-Bay and from some pictures I've looked at the hour and minutes hand should be silver, the seconds hand rec arrowhead, and the chrono hands black - at least on a white faced model, correct? I suppose I could take the e-Bay hands, paint the red arrowhead and the little 'uns black and be pretty close. I could not find anything even close on ofrei or cousins...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400038110647&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

J.. I'm holding off sending youthe Tudor dial.. I believe I have an extra full set of hands.. form a Dayton that died .. I just have to find it.. :thumbsupsmileyanim: that way it'll fit on a A7750.. for this project..

A

C

Lani

Thanks, you and ubi are the greatest... I was going to buy the set I had linked to on flea-bay as I measured the a21j hands I've got and their "holes" were all too small...

So much for 1:1 copies, eh? I'll wait and see what Lani comes up for and if they are also for a gen movement I'll have to do that since the flea-bay set also specifies for Valjoux as well. :brow:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump and a question

If I want to build a 79160 (with tachy scale) with valjoux movement what case should I use?

I have a prince date panda dial although oysterdate would be correct one for this ref. But I prefer 79160 case for 79260 one also I think it resembles older daytona case so should be more readily available.

If anyone needs a case for this kind of project, I've got one waiting!