When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Norrowed it down to a few

Stebbi

Evening all.

I know I'm a noob around here but i've been on here pretty much everyday reading everything I can about the reps out atm, and now I feel that its time I take the plunge and as its my birthday on Fri I want to treat myself :D

I've narrowed my choice down the

SA (although for a daily I'm concerned this may be too big)

Skyland

UPO

All very nice watches, but with a budget of no more than $275 I cant get all 3 :(

essensially after reading the reviews I can see there are pros and negs

but which ones in your opinions are

A - closest to gen out of the box

B - least obvious flaws (ie slighly concerned about the lume dots on the skyland)

I do like the SOSF but its a touch out of my price range

Any oppinions/advice please

the SOSF is offered with the Asian movement and no AR.. the AR on the white dial is not really obvious..

Skylands are good also..

the UPO has the most potential for modding genuine parts.. it does need help with chieftangs AR coating.. but does have the eta or Asian eta's.. as choices..

for longevity I would suggest the UPO..although it would be a good idea to swap the tube/crown with a genuine one, the rep crown is problematic..

check out the trade section,.. you come across some good deals there,.. with members selling their watches for a variety of reasons..

AC

Lani

Cheers for the replys guys, I emailed Josh last night regarding the SOSF he lists which has the mineral crystal and a 21j movement. Almost a $160 difference between this one and the sosf with the copy eta movement and double AR crystal. But he said these were the only differences.

Will the different crystal make a huge difference? Or will it not be too noticable to the untrained eye.

I'm also going to research a bit more about the movement as I don't want one with 6months later after daily wear will crap out on me.

Cheers for the replys guys, I emailed Josh last night regarding the SOSF he lists which has the mineral crystal and a 21j movement. Almost a $160 difference between this one and the sosf with the copy eta movement and double AR crystal. But he said these were the only differences.

Will the different crystal make a huge difference? Or will it not be too noticable to the untrained eye.

I'm also going to research a bit more about the movement as I don't want one with 6months later after daily wear will crap out on me.

The untrained eye, (aka the general public) doesn't have a clue, so don't worry yourself about getting called out over such details, which only other watch enthusiasts can pick up on. None of your choices have 'Rolex' on the dial, so are not going to arouse the suspicion of the casual observer (as in the minds of the untrained, Rolex=Fake [as it is well known that Rolex watches are often faked, so there is always the potential for something saying 'Rolex' to be something other than 'real']) Of your choices, and if you're looking for something with 'everyday' wear potential, I'd say go for the 42mm Planet Ocean :good: