When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn Rubber Strap

arniezac

When I first got my U2 , the only concern I had was the strap. It seemed to collect micro-fluff and after a few days on the wrist, looks a bit dirty. A quick wash and wipe occasionally ,however,makes it good as new.

The problem that I am discovering now, after two weeks of ownership is that the 'Soft-touch' coating , which is sprayed into the Mouldtool prior to injection is beginning to wear off leaving shiny patches around the strap.

I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing this and also from Gen owners, would you say that the Gen strap is more durable and

therefore worth investing in. The rubber strap on my UPO is still as new after six months

strapw.jpg

Mods, please move if you feel it should be in the other makes section, I just wanted to make as many people aware.

Cheers

Arniezac

My rep U2 strap is doing the same. Its not a HUGE deal to me only because I didn't know what was happening. I think the compact buckle gen strap is on back order but the regular buckle version is available as well as the bracelt on watch buys.

I've been thinking kinda the same: invest in a gen rubber or bracelet

I don't really want to commit to a Gen strap until I know that it won't do the same.

The ammount of lint that the strap collects is also a problem that I hope the Gen does n't have.

At the moment I'm trying it on a simple black Nato and it looks great.

I would think that this would be highly unlikely to happen to a gen strap. Some of the rep straps are of poor quailty. I have a hublot strap that Is about nine months old and still looks new, just like your Omega. Hit and miss In the rep game I guess :pardon: good luck :victory: Mike