When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Bitter Truth About Asia Replicas

t

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what dou you think cost this watch?

Link

I don't care how cheap it was - it looks [censored]. Supply and demand. That watch is as cheap as it is because it isn't worth more than that. I can bet it is chrome plated brass and it will be a lottery that the movement keeps working for a few months let alone keep accurate time.

My local DIY shop has a huge discount on brown paint at the moment. It's as good quality as all the other colours they are selling and even comes from the same factory, but they are selling it for a third of the price. Why - because no-one wants to paint their interior walls the colour of [censored].

Likewise I don't want to wear that [censored] on my wrist. Don't care if it was a bargain.

Edited by r11co

Link

I don't care how cheap it was - it looks [censored]. Supply and demand. That watch is as cheap as it is because it isn't worth more than that. I can bet it is chrome plated brass and it will be a lottery that the movement keeps working for a few months let alone keep accurate time.

i never say that this watch looks good

but 6-7$??? ... that is suprise

I agree with you on that ...

when i started the search i couldnt believe the prices that i saw... What to pay with 10$ parts, labor, Design (oopps no need its a rep), storage, machinery, managment...

What's a bigger surprise to me is that someone can think selling replicas as genuine on ebay for $4000 is just clever entrepreneurship, but selling reps for $250 on a website for rep buyers is somehow crazy and shady. If people don't know what I'm talking about check out his defense of a scammer in the auction scams section. How exactly do you reconcile those two positions?

you misunderstand me

the point is not how much profit do the dealers

the point is how is it possible to make a automatic watch so cheap

The answer is very simple - cheap labour. This is why China will become the number 1 economy soon (unless India displaces them). China's workers have not yet experienced the "wage effect" so as long as labour is cheap then goods will be cheap to produce. You can buy one of the asian movts from O.Frei for $17 which no doubt includes an enormous markup.

Why are you calling it "The Bitter Truth About Asia Replicas" then?

It sounds like you're now changing your opinion when your old one was uniformly slammed as being rather silly.

Incidentally ...ALL the reps that I post here....cost me only 15cents...and I get $200 profit on each one....ask Perfectionist...he knows the whole game inside out....!!

LOL !! I bet you wish you made that kind of profit ..... it would actually make selling those 3 watches a month worth your while !!

Anyway, most retail has a cost price of between 1/3 to 1/2 of the selling price ..... no doubt it will be similar for the dealers here, with the added bonus of profits being tax free lol !! ;)

I'm just [censored] off I can't buy shares in the rep factories !!

LOL !! I bet you wish you made that kind of profit ..... it would actually make selling those 3 watches a month worth your while !!

The money Neil makes from selling reps just about keeps him in Coco Pops..............now where he really makes his money is selling his body for sex!

JTB

The money Neil makes from selling reps just about keeps him in Coco Pops..............now where he really makes his money is selling his body for sex!

JTB

What's that old joke?....

"A man says to his wife 'sorry dear, but I've been made redundant, so you will have to go out and be a prostitue to raise some cash for us to live on'. After her first night out the wife returns home looking totally dishevelled, and places her haul on the kitchen table. '$110 and 50 cents. Not much! And which miserable bastard gave you the 50 cents?' the husband asked. 'All of them!!' she replies.

(best thing this thread was for was a good crap!!)

What's that old joke?....

"A man says to his wife 'sorry dear, but I've been made redundant, so you will have to go out and be a prostitue to raise some cash for us to live on'. After her first night out the wife returns home looking totally dishevelled, and places her haul on the kitchen table. '$110 and 50 cents. Not much! And which miserable bastard gave you the 50 cents?' the husband asked. 'All of them!!' she replies.

(best thing this thread was for was a good crap!!)

Wow, I haven't seen a rep's-cost-14-cents-in-cina thread in a long time.

Let's see. A 2892 powered, steel, genuine Muller probably costs $400 bucks to produce. They sell for $8,000. Appying that math to a 2892 powered conquistador, the rep should cost about $1.50 to make. If they cost the factories more than $1.50, the rep industry is ripping us off less than the luxury gen industry is ripping off their customers. Plus, genuine customers have to leave their houses, generally, to buy watches.

Who cares what everybody in the rep industry makes? We get cool watches for amazing prices. And we're talking about watches, for God's sake, not smart bombs. Beleive me, no matter what country you live in there are rackets going on that are far more eggregious, rackets that you should have spent the time you spent wondering how much TTK makes, on an email to your elected official.

My doctor (who wears a gen gold Navitimer, BTW) chrarges $110 to spend three minutes to tell me what I knew when I walked in the door--that I have a cold--and then he signs a slip of paper so my insurance company can pay $125 for 10 decongestants that cost 11 cents to make, which I can't even get if they don't pay the doc $110 to sign the paper. And in the richest country on earth there are millions of people who can't even afford to be extorted to get the medicine that might improve their lives. Now that's a racket!

Let's see. A 2892 powered, steel, genuine Muller probably costs $400 bucks to produce. They sell for $8,000. Appying that math to a 2892 powered conquistador, the rep should cost about $1.50 to make. If they cost the factories more than $1.50, the rep industry is ripping us off less than the luxury gen industry is ripping off their customers.

In principle, sure. I don't call it being ripped off though, but yes, the principle is the same.

However, your maths are way off. You've not included research, design, marketing, tax, duty, service, packaging ... none of which applies to the rep.

What does it all matter....!

Laugh at the tears you're crying

Smile while your head explodes

You don't have to take this lying down

So blow your nose, baby

Just get your fingers clicking

To the rhythm and the rhyme

Otherwise, you'll just be kicking around

And that's a crime

How can you talk that way

On such a lovely day?

When sunshine comes your way

It's time to make some hay

I fall for this season every time

When it's hot and everybody smiles

I can't help myself

I'm in love with the summertime

Even when I get hayfever, I find

I may sneeze but I don't really mind

As long as I'm in love with the summertime

Oh, stop your belly-aching

We all know what it's like

There ain't a pill I haven't taken, I guess

But that's alright, baby

'Cos your daddy's car is waiting

To take us to the sea

She feels like celebrating life

And so should we!

How can you talk that way

On such a lovely day?

When sunshine comes your way

It's time to make some hay

I can't help myself

I can't help myself

POLLEN COUNT

Edited by TTK

Let me make an effort to clarify your mind as to how I feel on this, "what did they pay for it, what do they charge for it" issue.

Here in Florida, sea shells are free - at least the cheap ones found on the beach are.

Now, suppose the little rooster conchs that wash up on the beach in a certain section of North Naples, Florida, about an hour away from my house, become very popular in China. Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that every Chinese guy in China is just dying to buy these rooster conchs that I can drive an hour, on any given morning, and go pick up a half dozen of -- for free.

Unfortunately, selling these little conchs is against the law, not that anyone seems to care most of the time, but they could care, and a person could get in serious trouble. There is a potential for fines, penalties and maybe jail.

Worse yet, we are talking about dealing with Chinese people, and you know how devious and dishonest those people are. For example:

I bet, crazy as it may sound, once I got into it, my Chinese customers would expect me to send them a new shell if their efforts to break their laws got their shell seized.

I also bet that I would be expected to deliver perfect shells, everytime, no matter what the babboons in the shipping business did to my packages along the way.

In fact, I bet some of my nasty Chinese buyers are going to try and outright screw me, claiming they never got their shell when theirs arrived right on time, expecting me to send them another anyway.

Even more annoying, once some of these Chinese guys have my shells for a while, they are going to expect a refund if they don't like them as much as they thought.

Finally, you know what those sorry, Chinese low-lifes will do? If I don't bow to their every damn wish, and yield to their every stupid demand, they are going to snitch me out and get me in trouble just because they can do that and get away with it.

So, how much am I going to charge to drive across town, pick up a few of these every day at no charge whatsoever to me except a pleasant walk on the beach, pack them carefully, and send them to China?

You don't even wanna know!!

My answer to that question is my own, based upon my personal assessment of the risks versus the rewards as compared to the other opportunities available to me, but I will say this - if Charlie Chan decided to whine and [censored] that I was making a profit on this operation, I'd be finding a friend who spoke whatever dialect of Chinese Charlie was most familiar with so I could tell him to $%^& *& $%^&*#$% @$$ in a language he would understand.

Bill

Post of the month, surely........... :D

In principle, sure. I don't call it being ripped off though, but yes, the principle is the same.

However, your maths are way off. You've not included research, design, marketing, tax, duty, service, packaging ... none of which applies to the rep.

Not to mention full page ads in every slick magazine in the world, executive bonuses, sporting tournament sponsorships, real estate costs in the highest rent shopping districts in the world. That's my point: When you by a rep you're paying for the watch manufacuring + dealer profit + shipping. When you buy a genuine watch, especially those powered by stock ETA movements you're paying for those things and all of the above. Someone griping about whether a dealer makes 200, 300, or 400% profit on an item that is comaparively cheap is pointless.

Not to mention full page ads in every slick magazine in the world, executive bonuses, sporting tournament sponsorships, real estate costs in the highest rent shopping districts in the world.

I thought I mentioned marketing. :D

The rent isn't part of the cost to the manufacturer. That's a dealer cost and comes out of his mark-up.