When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Bitter Truth About Asia Replicas

t

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly, i have read this thread 3-4 times now, and i am still not sure i understand what issue is being discussed, and what/ if there is a complaint.

Bottom line here is that prices are not driven by production or marketing costs, sweat-equity, dealer risks etc... prices are driven by what the buyers are prepared to pay for the product. The other stuff ctaken together with price contributes to profitability but at the end of the day, prices are set by market conditions. supply and demand dynamics do not include costs factors

24 hour timeout.....Ok....I could do with the rest......!

@ tourby......your Arktos is on it's way to UK...and then to you......pleasure doing biz with you......highly recommend buyer....!

I dont understand the guys point. This is scenario is similiar to any commodity market. If more leg work/risk/research/development/etc/etc is involved in producing and providing a product to a consumer, obviously the price will be higher.

The way I read this thread, Tourbillon1801 seems to be primarily saying that instead of paying $200 and up for 95%+ reps we should be paying $20 for 75% (maybe) reps like him. As I said before, I don't want obviously fake quartz Pams with dime-thin crowns and misplaced subdials, I don't care if they cost $20. I think most people on the board feel the same way. If he is giddy about getting a sackful of crappy reps for a C-note good for him, but I don't really see why that has to mean anything to anybody else. So I'm not really sure what the point of this topic was, except to prove that Tourbillion1801 doesn't pick up on sarcasm in the English language (not his fault, but kinda funny).

I dont understand the guys point.

Here's how I see it: He at first thought we'd be shocked when we found out how cheap reps cost to make, hence "Bitter Truth" but as the weight of posters telling him how it worked was felt, he back-pedalled a little and tried to make out it's not as big a deal as he first made out.