When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BR 02 - Brushed Stainless or PVD case?

athan

Hi to All,

I'm considering buying a high grade BR02 numerical PVD watch from our trusted sourse.

With swiss movement not asian. Trusted sourse says that the date wheel is the same and waterproofing is OK.

I like PVD watches very much. If I was to buy the gen I would definitelly go for the black DLC.

So, since the gen is DLC and not PVD I have some doubts about picking the PVD rep.

Has anyone actually compared side by side a rep PVD to the gen DLC?

http://www.jpc8118.com/bo0021001-instrument-br02-ssru-black-numstk-asia-28242-p-5334.html

http://www.jpc8118.com/bo0021011-instrument-br02-pvdru-black-numstk-asia-28242-p-5410.html

Is the rep PVD way off? Should I rather go for the Brushed Stainless case for the sake of accuracy?

I would very much appreciate some expert advice.

Many thanks for your replies.

Athan

AFAIK the gen is PVD, not DLC? I'm 99.99999% sure it's PVD but the spec sheet only mentions 'carbon finish': http://www.bellross.com/download/notices/BR02-en.pdf

Only the BR01 Tourbillon has DLC as I understand it.

Personally I would go for SS - scratches can be polished out and they won't damage the look of the watch if you leave them, which will be the case with PVD - unless you like the beaten up 'worn' look (which I don't ;) lol).

Personally I would go for SS - scratches can be polished out and they won't damage the look of the watch if you leave them, which will be the case with PVD - unless you like the beaten up 'worn' look (which I don't ;) lol).

+1. I have ordered the SS version for that very reason and it is on the way. Apparently they are excellent reps but basically it depends on how hard you would be on your watch. If it becomes a daily wearer and gets dinged up it will either look like a gen diving watch or less than perfect depending on your point of view. Myself I am too @n@l to go with the PVD for that reason. :lol:

lol

Avitt, if I ever get the cash together for a decent rep and some DLC, you'll be the first man I contact :good:

Somewhat amusingly, I have mentioned on a gen board that I know a man who can DLC for a very reasonable price and fix people's scratches properly, , but people seem to want to send them to the dealers to get the case changed at vast cost... :rolleyes:

See the notice Zig put up today on the 02 reps .. the bezel rotating gear is brittle plastic instead of metal. It sheers into 2 pieces and rattles around in the watch if you don't baby it. (don't try and turn it backwards too often)

I love these 02s as well but I'm going to never touch the bezel adjuster when I get mine.