When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn U1000 PVD...

swdivad

Well... I had another delivery today... a beautiful remake of the Sinn U1000 ultimate tool/instrument/weapon/chunk of PVD goodness...

Excellent quality watch for sure, and at least shower proof at this point.

The strap was surely made for any size wrist... I had to cut a total of 12 sections off the strap for it to fit my puny 6 3/4" wrist...

Overall quality is very good, although the clasp needs to 'work in' before it snaps tight on the mushroom... The divers extension is a bit loose, I will probably try to bend the tang to make it snap in better.

That being said, my gen Bond Seamaster's clasp also needed time for the spring buttons to snap in securely as well...

The bezel turns without me pushing it down... not sure if the gen needs push to turn or not, but for some reason, I thought maybe it did.

The only real gripe I have is about the lume, but really it's par for the course...

But still... the lume is poor - I really think they should have done the Sinns a bit of justice and given it some luminescence... :(

Also, the date font is wrong... as well as the HE valve... but those are pretty minor issues, and not worth fixing, IMO.

Otherwise... the watch is great... just what I expected and even a bit more actually... It's not a daily wear, I think, but goes good when bumming around in jeans and t-shirt... maybe climbing a mountain or cliff LOL... and especially good for a long drive i think

Anyway... here are some quick picks... I now have it on an olive green PVD Rhino... Notice they also put the SUG (case manufacturer) logo between the lugs :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think I want a Sinn leather strap too... that would go awesome with this for sure!!

Enjoy:

img1272resize.jpg

img1271resize.jpg

img1270resize.jpg

img1268resize.jpg

img1273resizef.jpg

img1274resize.jpg

Well, I've worn this for a few days now, and it's keeping great time, the clasp has held tight after a little spray of WD40 and opening and closing it for a while...

The PVD is top notch, although I am having a tad of regret as I think this would be a bit nicer in plain steel... If anyone wants one of these in PVD, I would be happy to trade for a natural steel model.