When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer from Trusty Time Questions

bpq

Gday RWG Watch lovers,

I viewed this TAG on the Trusty Time website and was impressed with the watch as it checks a lot of qualities I have been looking for.

However i was wondering if people out there could assist me with a couple of questions.

1. Has anybody bought this watch from trusty time and what are your impressions of the watch's functionality, likeness to a genuine and it's durability?

2. Why is the watch priced at only $108? Seems like a bargain. And what do you have to expect in terms of quality compared to the other replicas featured on trusty time as it is a lot less expensive?

Below i have included the specifications and a link to the web adress for its listing:

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_210&products_id=2836

fcf9f94ecd8022f2e7c607e6857de10a.image.200x150.JPG

TAG0046 - Grand Carrera SS Black Sticks - Asia Auto 21J

$108.00

MOVEMENT: Asian Automatic 21J

CASE DIAMETER: 51mm X 47mm

THICKNESS: 14mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with SS Markers

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 220

BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel 220

FRONT GLASS: Synthetic Sapphire

BACK GLASS: Display case back with engravings

BEZEL: Tachymeter marked Bezel

HACK MOVEMENT:

CLASP TYPE: Folding Clasp (Fliplock)

DATE INDICATOR: At 6:00

GMT HAND:

OTHER REMARKS:

Water Resistant

Pusher buttons at side can adjust the subdials

I also attempted to insert an image but who knows if I got it right otherwise check out the link to get a look.

Thanks for viewing the message and I really appreciate anyone that could shed some light on this watch for me.

Regards

Ben

post-25520-125628412044.jpg

Tag Pictures 2.bmp

Because that's usually the going price for a low cost watch with an automatic movement but non-working, "faux", chronos. Take a look at the watches that have a real working automatic chronograph (with a A7750 movement), and then look st the fine details. You'll realize why there's such a price difference, and you'll also know which one you should buy.

• 3 weeks later...

How many cheaper versions of this watch are there? Recently in Hong Kong I came across a dealer wanting to sell this model. It felt quite heavy and was one of the better fakes I had come across that day. he would of taken 50USD for it.

that would be the cheapest version there is, looks nothing like the gen, probably the same one this thread is talking about

theres the better version which sells for around $400 from our dealers, much better looking and very close to the gen, but has a couple of flaws such as the recessed datewheel and the thickness of the watch

that version has a fully functional chrono, but needs servicing upon arrival

hope that this has helped

cheers