When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The 2836-2 to 2893-2 conversion

Jimster

I'm in the process of changing over to a 2893-2 in my 063 & 029 except for one little problem: the hole size on the 24 hour hand isn't close. The hole is too big on the 2836 and too thin to pinch.

I need to locate two 24 hands for the 2893-2 or a suggestion on how to fit the 2836-2 24 hour hand to the 2893-2.

Thanks,

Jim

I'm in the process of changing over to a 2893-2 in my 063 & 029 except for one little problem: the hole size on the 24 hour hand isn't close. The hole is too big on the 2836 and too thin to pinch.

I need to locate two 24 hands for the 2893-2 or a suggestion on how to fit the 2836-2 24 hour hand to the 2893-2.

Thanks,

Jim

Besides the hands, does the 2893 fit the case? 2893 is a thinner movement vs 2836 with a diferent stem hight. You will have to use another spacer for the stem to correctly line up and probably higher pinions to leave enough clearance for the hands.

the movement ring for 2836 will take 2893 as a direct swap. all you need is a new handstack from dsn like the others mentioned. $40 last time i checked. of course the run of the mill 63 gmt pam rep will need other mods like a new crown, new cyclops, new datewheel and a relume. best of luck.

the movement ring for 2836 will take 2893 as a direct swap. all you need is a new handstack from dsn like the others mentioned. $40 last time i checked. of course the run of the mill 63 gmt pam rep will need other mods like a new crown, new cyclops, new datewheel and a relume. best of luck.

Thanks for the tips. I've got pricing from DSN and ordered. In comparing hands the only one that doesn't fit from a 2836 is the GMT hand. The rest fit quite nicely.

Palp crown

Lello DW

Chief

heading to Vac shortly

old skool case

Getting closer,

Thanks for the help.

Jim