When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

anyone have 202A patina color lumed hands

stallonepanerai

Congrats on the upgrade... Best dial you can by. So gen-like it's crazy! I have had a look around and found alot of Gen pic's with non-matching hands and indices. The hands seem to be more white while the dail markers and numbers are more cream. Take a look even at FGD's builds as well as most others you will see a variation. That is unless you have them both relumed. Here is a v1 dial and DSN hands both relumed by The Zigmeister. FGD/Zigmeister, are you kiddin me? Oh ya!

b82cd77597852e3c5594060c724ea56ea3c.jpg

b82cd77597852e3c5594060c724ea56e-1.jpg

No... It is a newly acquired v1 FGD with The Zigmeister Tritium lume. IT IS AWESOME! Just got it today and it will soon be off to the watchsmith for the switchover as I don't have your talents bro. I think it looks very nice. I just wish I had a nicer case to drop her in than the DSN. I guess it will have to do for now.

A cheap and fast way to go is the cigar smoke method.

In the following post of an Italian member of RepGeek you can see the effect on a 201A dial (NOT the hands):

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=82055

It is a bit more rose than yellow tone, but maybe that using a cigarette instead of a cigar it will come out more yellowish...

Good question. I have not personally done either. I don't smoke,but have heard it works well. Just don't know how to go about it. I have used coffee to color/stain stitches on straps from white to aged beige. I quite literally used the grounds and rubbed them in. However for hands I am going to used the concentrated coffee from squeezing the grounds so I don't damage the hands. I am going to try this on some gold DSN hands for my 6152 that needs an aged look. I wish I could help more!

How do i do the coffee/cigarette method? thanks

This is a translation (reworked a bit) from Italian for the cigar method:

Ingredients: a cigar, a lighter, a glass, a piece of soft transparent plastic like those used to protect glass crystals, two white paper handkerchief (or one white paper handkerchief and a piece of Rodico), a little patience.

Procedure:

1. Cover the dial parts that you do not want to re-color (e.g. text) with the soft plastic. Do NOT use adhesive tape!

2. Place the dial and hands on the white paper handkerchief (its white color will help to evaluate the color change). Place the glass upside-down on the dial and hands.

3. Light the cigar, inspire a large blow of smoke, slightly lift a side of the glass, blow the smoke into the glass. (Don't place the cigar under the glass as someone said, this is completely unuseful as the cigar rapidly estinguishes its light due to air shortenage).

4. Repeat step 3 every 10 mins or so until you get the desired color.

5. Once done, remove the plastic, then remove any possible nicotine residuals off the dial by gently using a soft, clean paper handkerchief or the Rodico.

6. Enjoy the results.

The Zigmeister's workmanship on timepieces, dials, hands, movements and the whole encapsulation of horology is remarkable.

Every time I receive a timepiece that has been worked by Zigmeister brings an enduring smile to my face.

Hands down, bar none....the work of the master himself on a Prevendome 5218-202/A with his tritium mix lume on hands and indices....

8.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

The Zigmeister's workmanship on timepieces, dials, hands, movements and the whole encapsulation of horology is remarkable.

Every time I receive a timepiece that has been worked by Zigmeister brings an enduring smile to my face.

Hands down, bar none....the work of the master himself on a Prevendome 5218-202/A with his tritium mix lume on hands and indices....

very nice - i bet my ass his tritium mix is coffee+c1 ? :)

cheers,

Frank