When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor snowflake

robsa

Hi guys

Does anyone know if the Tudor Snowflake rep are still about? I would love a blue one, but the only Tudors I can find are the new ones which are nasty (IMHO)!

cheers

Robsa

Hi guys

Does anyone know if the Tudor Snowflake rep are still about? I would love a blue one, but the only Tudors I can find are the new ones which are nasty (IMHO)!

cheers

Robsa

I don't think I've ever seen reps of it commercially at all... I think most of the ones folks are showing, are using gen dials and aftermarket (or gen) hands... Mine's using a home-made dial... Best of luck with your search though :good:

I don't think I've ever seen reps of it commercially at all... I think most of the ones folks are showing, are using gen dials and aftermarket (or gen) hands... Mine's using a home-made dial... Best of luck with your search though :good:

Thanks. I thought there was one but perhaps it was a dream... it was being sold by a topless female for

Were you definitely only after a blue dial, or would a black dial be acceptable? You could always keep an eye on the Bay to see what turns up :)

I just found a blue-dial in Sheffield for

That is nice :good: I wouldn't like to say about how well it would hold its price, simply as Tudor seem to be a bit more 'niche market' than 'mainstream popular', but, I guess if you were to re-sell it through a source which recognized its value, then I'd've thought you wouldn't take too much of a hit in depreciation :)

A rep dial and hands are made (not the blue) .. I think either classic watch parts.. (M.Y).. or another vendor .. the case would be a 1680 MBK, the crystal would need a genuine for the dw placement.. the genuine eta for the 9411 is relatively inexpensive.. it would still run .. give or take.. about 800 to 1k ... much more if you want a gen dial and hands.. which are getting harder to obtain.. a franken rep.. "was" on the bay yesterday.. ebay must of gotten wind of the listing ..

AC

Lani

A rep dial and hands are made (not the blue) .. I think either classic watch parts.. (M.Y).. or another vendor .. the case would be a 1680 MBK, the crystal would need a genuine for the dw placement.. the genuine eta for the 9411 is relatively inexpensive.. it would still run .. give or take.. about 800 to 1k ... much more if you want a gen dial and hands.. which are getting harder to obtain.. a franken rep.. "was" on the bay yesterday.. ebay must of gotten wind of the listing ..

AC

Lani

I didn't realize the rep dial was made, but yes, I'm sure MY would print up a dial upon request :) I'll have to total up the costs for mine once it's finally completed :) I realized the other day, that I gradually completely assembled the watch from the ground up. The case and bezel were the GMT I bought to take to Tokyo, appx $30, the insert was about $8 off eBay, the crystal was from my first GMT Master II, which I think cost me £20, the links of the bracelet and caseback were from the Silix vintage, which I bought in the initial 'group buy offer', I think the hands and movement are from my Yacht-Master (with replaced second hand from 'somewhere'... and the bracelet's clasp was from a budget Submariner which also cost about £20, and the dial was a gift from Slartibartfast. Eventually, the dial will be going into my fixed-lug NATO case (which was about $30), which will be getting a new insert, a 'Swiss movement', a correct case-back from a rep of a Tudor 'DateJust', and a set of MY hands. The current case, will then have a 79190 dial installed in substitution for the Snowflake dial :)

Lani, useful as ever! Thanks for the info! Sounds like a fair bit of work to build... Maybe a long term project for me, or maybe a gen would be simpler!

It begs the question, would it be a popular rep for the factories to produce???

PS: It looks like someone is taking the trouble to build frankens:

http://www.deskdivers.com/Site/Snowflake.html

Lani, useful as ever! Thanks for the info! Sounds like a fair bit of work to build... Maybe a long term project for me, or maybe a gen would be simpler!

It begs the question, would it be a popular rep for the factories to produce???

PS: It looks like someone is taking the trouble to build frankens:

http://www.deskdivers.com/Site/Snowflake.html

personally speaking, I don't think the factories would produce a Snowflake Tudor, simply because it is something more appreciated by 'collectors', rather than the average JoeSixpack, who wants his rep to say Rolex on the dial ;)

Looking back at my last post, the Tudor I'm wearing now is very much a custom-built watch (which wound up being suitable for this kind of project) but the parts were all very much from budget sources. The most expensive steps in Project Snowflake, will be the acquisition of the 'swiss' movement (cannibalized from another watch, of course) and the MY hands. The only other potentially expensive part, is the dial, as the rest of the watch can be found in existing Submariner reps :)

You can build a rep from this dial.

280481001o.jpg

MBK case .. with a no date you would have an easier time sourcing a Tropics or a Clarks ... the hands need to be modded to fit the 2836 and the feet on the dial need to be clipped and epoxied into place.

AC

Lani