When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date Not Changing

Bluray

You are in the wind position when you feel the crown pop out when you unwind the crown. Pull it gently out and you will hear it click, the first click will be the date change position. Turn the crown clockwise gently to change the date. Pull the crown gently (I mean gently) all the way and you will be in the time set position.

Hope this help.

A few thoughts...

If you can change the date cleanly using the crown or by advancing the time with the crown, the watch should be fine. If the date hangs up/sticks/doesn't advance in either/both of these manual changes, the datewheel overlay is most likely rubbing on the back of the dial, hence causing the wheel to stick.

Also... I've found that if you manually change the date using the crown in the 1st pull out position close to the date changeover time (i.e. midnight), the date will not actually advance once midnight rolls over (e.g. if you change your date from the 25th to the 26th at 11:00pm, it will remain the 26th for the next 24 hours). I've found this to be common on all of my 2824's/2836's/2846's.