When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My newly acquired AP Royal Oak Offshore ROO with *LOTS OF PICS*

Zack G.

Hey everyone,

Haven't posted photo's here of watches since I last had my Graham Swordfish (which I recently sold to a great member).

Since I let go of my Graham, I was really on the hunt for my next watch to try out. I had my eyes on the AP ROO because I simply love the style of the watch, however I didn't want splurge right away on the top of the line ultimate one without seeing if I liked it first and tried it on.

Well one recently came up for sale here so I had to buy it and try it out for myself. Rob (HackR) was a pleasure talking to, and he is also a great guy! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I would definitely deal with him again.

It is the Quartz model, however it's supposedly the same case size as the ultimate 7750 model.

All in all, this is a BEAUTIFUL watch and I believe the best bang for the buck AP out there if you love the style but can't justify spending $400+ for the ultimate. If you are not out to fool anyone with it, then it's a GREAT watch for the money.

Also, I believe that since my wrists are only 6-6.25" (I know, they are female size :lol:), in my opinion it would look best on a 7"+ wrist, and in my pictures you can see why. The "AP" clasp is digging into the side of my wrist a bit since I have it on the last hole.

I LOVE this watch and would hold onto it (if my wrist was larger) but you will probably be seeing it in the sales section soon for sale, I would rather have someone else enjoy it than have it sit in my watchbox with no wrist time.

Enough of the talking, here are some wrist shots I just took and some pics from Rob (HackR) from who I bought it from:

DSC00121-1.jpg

DSC00122-1.jpg

DSC00123-1.jpg

DSC00124-1.jpg

DSC00125-1.jpg

DSC00126-1.jpg

DSC00127-1.jpg

DSC00128-1.jpg

DSC00129-1.jpg

DSC00130-1.jpg

DSC00131-1.jpg

Rob's photo's:

roo1z.jpg

roo2.jpg

roo3.jpg

roo4.jpg

roo5.jpg

roo6.jpg

roo7.jpg

roo8.jpg

Comparison of wrist shots on a bigger wrist (Rob's):

aproo9a.jpg

aproo9b.jpg

aproo9c.jpg

All comments are welcome! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks!

Zack

nice work, Zack... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

a sharp, value watch!... B)

this post is exactly why i bought this watch in the first place and then sold it as a "test drive" edition...geeez - the "ultimate" ROOs cost a ton...and sometimes, you just need to try one for size, feel, weight, etc before splurging... :good:

bought two, sold one...kept one for fun wearing...i like it, yes!...but not enough at this stage to warrant an "ultimate" automatic...afterall, there arr still a few Breitlings i have my eye on?!... :whistling:

R

Looks great. Top tip I got from Mr ROO (PAM01) for the strap was to turn it around.

Swap the top with the bottom so that the long part is on the top. I removed the end links rather that the strap.

Much more comfortable and no longer digs in to my girly wrists. It would be a shame to let it go.

ST4

nice work, Zack... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

a sharp, value watch!... B)

this post is exactly why i bought this watch in the first place and then sold it as a "test drive" edition...geeez - the "ultimate" ROOs cost a ton...and sometimes, you just need to try one for size, feel, weight, etc before splurging... :good:

bought two, sold one...kept one for fun wearing...i like it, yes!...but not enough at this stage to warrant an "ultimate" automatic...afterall, there arr still a few Breitlings i have my eye on?!... :whistling:

R

Thanks Rob!

There is actually a ROO Rubberclad for sale on another board for $360!! I would of definitely pulled the trigger on that one also if this one worked out for me!

Right now I am wearing it on my right hand (instead of my left where I always wear my watches), since my right wrist is a bit bigger than my left haha :lol:

I wish there was a "tang" style buckle on these so that us smaller wrist guys can not worry about the AP clasp digging into the side of our wrists!

Zack

Edited by Zack G.

Looks great. Top tip I got from Mr ROO (PAM01) for the strap was to turn it around.

Swap the top with the bottom so that the long part is on the top. I removed the end links rather that the strap.

Much more comfortable and no longer digs in to my girly wrists. It would be a shame to let it go.

ST4

Hey ST,

Thanks! If I turn around the strap and have the longer part on the top, would the watch look like it is "upside down" from the way the strap would be positioned? It would look weird and awkward, no?

I pay attention to the slightest details LOL, and I think having the strap reversed would drive me crazy, more so than the clasp digging into the side of my wrist! LOL

Edited by Zack G.

Hey ST,

Thanks! If I turn around the strap and have the longer part on the top, would the watch look like it is "upside down" from the way the strap would be positioned? It would look weird and awkward, no?

I pay attention to the slightest details LOL, and I think having the strap reversed would drive me crazy, more so than the clasp digging into the side of my wrist! LOL

You should try it, you might like it

it doesn't look upside down , deployants seem to work differently to buckles

I prefer not to be dug in the wrist