When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Aquaracer bracelet .V. gen

DaveC

How does the rep bracelet compare with the gen?

I got my watch from PT yesterday but my enthusiasm was a bit tempered by the feel of the bracelet…very light and rattly compared to my smooth weighted Link rep bracelet .

I re-read By-Tors’review (cannot find Docs and the link doesn’t work.) I’m assuming the bracelet isn’t ‘off’ as By Tor would have mentioned it…but how come it feels so light and clattery?

I also expected the polished centre links to stand out against the outer brushed links more - as the gen below (accepting this is a catalogue pic) – but the difference is minimal.

GenTag.jpg

Of course my camera makes a liar out of me as the links are clearly contrasted but it doesn’t look like that on my wrist….maybe I need an eye test!

IMG_0790.jpg

Any views or experience?

I have the same rep and after using it as a toolwatch for a year I must say I feel the bracelet wears well. I think mine feels everything but flimsy and I have had it resized at an official Tag AD without getting any comments. So it cant be that bad;)

However, my polished centers do stand out alot, so could this be a different bracelet?

I compared the rep and gen here.

The differences in bracelet are minimal and the gen Aquaracer has pretty light bracelet as well. I believe this has been done on purpose to reduce overall weight as Aquaracer is a hardcore diver chronograph watch, and we all know how heavy the 7750-based watches are.

Not much difference, really. The gen is just better finished overall (no gaps on the SELs, etc.) The usual stuff. The rep compares very well... it's really nice replica. I only bought the gen because I really, really like this model.

Thanks for the re-assurance guys - and the link to your comparison By-Tor - it's always enlightening to read your reviews and is much appreciated - thanks.

I'm sure I've seen a post detailing something that 'quietens' down bracelets. I think it looked like a wax that is rubbed in between the links but I'm having trouble finding it.

Thanks Dave... you're welcome.

Sewing machine oil will stop the "rattling". I always use it on all my rep bracelets. Just pour the oil all over the bracelet links. Let it stay overnight and rinse with water. Good luck.