When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Correct casebacks for our PAMs, Finally!

w0lf

I thought I'd share this exciting news with the rest my fellow hobbyists. Those not familiar with this project, and also others whom don't venture outside of the comfort of this place might be interested to find out, that for the past several months Jakobbh from RG has been working on producing accurate PAM casebacks. If you're interested in reading the whole project thread with over 200 posts you can check it out here.

A picture is worth a 1000 words so you can judge for yourself, 5218-201/A is the 1st to be made:

201_final_01_s.jpg

201_final_02_s.jpg

201_final_03_s.jpg

The polls are open on the next casebacks to roll off the production line. Needless to say we will now have not only the benefit of precisely engraved casebacks but also the correct fonts, layout, geometry and in most cases millisimation to BB/PB relationship.

I know I'm excited.

Nope, the first ones produced will be for 201/A but the polls are there to vote on the next to be made. Can you imagine that after 4 years and at least 3 different versions/factories, a correct C year and matriculation # caseback will be available for 63? :)

Ditto - oh and A /B series OP6500 / OP6502 - proper 22 and 26 casebacks , PAM 40 , PAM 61 , not forgetting 202/A , 203/A , 218/A please - that's just the handwounds!!!

The list could go on and on :)

FGD

With your range of dials, Simon, and the gen dials that have been popping up lately, together with the SS / PVD / Ti versions of most dial variations the list is indeed endless. I would certainly pay a premium for individually numbered casebacks for preA1, 9B, 10D etc and I am sure that I am not alone in this. Anyone who has built a gen-dial franken or a top quality rep around one of your exceptional dials would almost certainly feel the same. A bespoke caseback with correct numbering would raise these watches to the top level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...