When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need to install rep BCE dial and date wheel into Ult. BCE in LA, California

CY0811

I'm looking for someone too - West L.A. South Bay area. Posted on RG - no answer. Guess it's a secret society!

Southbay, what part ? I used to live there

you might want to walk in to the shop located on the North West corner of Crenshaw & Artesia between the gas station & the liquor store

sorry i can't remember the name but go over and talk to the older gent with the long hair that generally sits in the back

Who is the one in Santa Monica? There's Universal in Marina Del Rey - they have serviced my gen Rolex. Nicely and reasonably too but, he seems pretty busy and is isolated from customer contact...

rhymes with Rock Chop and Fontana ;)

Southbay, what part ? I used to live there

you might want to walk in to the shop located on the North West corner of Crenshaw & Artesia between the gas station & the liquor store

sorry i can't remember the name but go over and talk to the older gent with the long hair that generally sits in the back

rhymes with Rock Chop and Fontana ;)

chronoluvv can u pm me the info on this southbay shop?

chronoluvv can u pm me the info on this southbay shop?

i couldn't remember the name earlier but i managed to find it via Google Maps Street View

it's called Time Masters on the North West corner of Crenshaw & Artesia between the Shell station & the liquor store

talk to the old white gent with the long hair in the back

For this kind of work, it should be relatively safe to go to any watch repair person in a small shop and ask if they can do a dial swap on an Asian chrono. This should be everyday kind of work for anybody familiar with watches.

Working on the movements, and understanding the quirkiness of a 7750...especially the Asian variety is another level that I would leave to folks with experience like Zig. Swapping movements is less risk if going like for like (without need for broaching or gluing).

Call around in a phone book...preferably start in Chinatown for watch repair guys.

• 1 month later...

i couldn't remember the name earlier but i managed to find it via Google Maps Street View

it's called Time Masters on the North West corner of Crenshaw & Artesia between the Shell station & the liquor store

talk to the old white gent with the long hair in the back

Thanks for the info - I just saw the message. Will check them out.

I'm at the north end of the South Bay- Playa Del Rey.

We used to spend a lot more time and money in Santa Monica but as traffic on Lincoln has grown more absurd, the restaurants, movies and shopping in Manhattan Beach and Hermosa have improved.

Thanks again - I'll visit next week and report back.