When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's with EMS lately?

jmb

I remember not longer than just a couple months ago the EMS shipping was "almost" treated like an express service, the USPS used to often make a special trip mid-morning to deliver, and if it got out of customs in the morning it was likely to be in my hands the next day. Lately it seems like EMS packages are practically treated as Parcel Post! My seconds at 9 Daytona hit customs last Friday, got out of customs early Sunday morning, and didn't make it to the local sort facility until this morning! I've noticed this for the last 2 or three shipments... It's just irritating!

Economy hit the Postal Service hard J.. units closing all over the US and hours being cut back.. mail carriers that had 1 route now have 3 to 4 .. and their hours shortened..

In Hawaii we have the public schools scheduled for 17 furloughs this year.. on Friday's ... the State is in an uproar.. what do ya do ????

I have parcels sitting in customs longer now too..

AC

LANI

I knew that a lot of smaller POs were being closed and consolidated but I never imagined it would affect "Express" mail so negatively. Well, it will be here tomorrow... :-)

I remember not longer than just a couple months ago the EMS shipping was "almost" treated like an express service, the USPS used to often make a special trip mid-morning to deliver, and if it got out of customs in the morning it was likely to be in my hands the next day. Lately it seems like EMS packages are practically treated as Parcel Post! My seconds at 9 Daytona hit customs last Friday, got out of customs early Sunday morning, and didn't make it to the local sort facility until this morning! I've noticed this for the last 2 or three shipments... It's just irritating!

Just be glad you got it, specially after a customs inspection!!!

Enjoy it!!

10 years ago, I moved back east from the west coast of Canada. I used 2 cubic foot moving boxes, and literally dumped the contents of my desk and cupboards into them. I sent all 25 boxes by regular parcel post to my parents' address, then loaded my car and drove with the rest of my stuff. Not one box cost more than $24 to mail (most were 15-$20), and they all made it within 1 week with no damage whatsoever. I made absolutely no attempt to pad anything, and not a single item got damaged. I suspect if I were to try the same now, it would cost many times more, and I may not be so lucky with delivery time or condition.