When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seiko reps

mastrmindalliance

Sorry, I have searched but couldn't turn anything up... the search seems to search signatures as well... (If Admin/mods are reading - you can turn sig searching off with Invision btw ;) )

I like Auto Seiko's. Especially the monsters - who doesn't. Think I'd like to buy the 'baby monster', non diving seiko 5 below.

There is a great ebay NOS watch dealer here in Aus (osmobiles) offering my next cheap gen purchase this one for AUD165. There is another of the same model, that even with P&H from Sing will save me AUD40... this one

Both 'buy now', new, and either grey or NOS. I've bought from the Aus guy a couple times and know they're the real deal, but who can refuse saving 40 big ones?

Thing is, they have different dial markings. Could just be Jap built Vs bulit somehwere else.

So the question is - could the Sing one be a fake? Do they rep low-end Seiko's? I know they do g-shocks because they're funky and easy to rep, but it would seem strange to rep low-end Seiko's given that they are so resonably priced and superbly built.

Thanks for looking and appreciate any advice/experience/opinion offerred.

:D

Australian

baby-monster-Aus.jpg

Singaporean

baby-monster-Sing.jpg

I've bought from Premierworld before. Nothing to worry about there. He sells real stuff.

Seiko has a factory in Singapore, so there are no tariffs, nor transportation costs for Singaporean dealers. They're still real Seikos, and mine work flawlessly--I'm wearing my orange monster right now. Oddly enough, I have seen fake Seikos in a local liquor store...they were of such poor quality that Helen Keller could call them out.

I've bought from Premierworld before. Nothing to worry about there. He sells real stuff.

+1

There is an online site for Seikos (probably more than one) - the one I have been to has a section on identifying fakes, risks on eBay, etc.. and lists Premierworld as a trusted dealer. His feedback should also speak for itself.

Edited by JohnG

I'm wearing my orange monster right now.

Yes, love my monsters, have both the orange and black, would love the all black, but apparently it's hen's teeth.

I can verify that they do indeed rep the low end Seiko's

Cheers Ken, though I can't see any reason to buy Seiko reps, unless you like the look of the horrible looking IMO super high end range.

+1

There is an online site for Seikos (probably more than one) - the one I have been to has a section on identifying fakes, risks on eBay, etc.. and lists Premierworld as a trusted dealer. His feedback should also speak for itself.

Will check it out, cheers John!

Thanks guys, seems they're both gen. Have pulled the trigger on the osmobiles one as it appears to be made in Japan (which i think is preferable even though really, it probably makes no difference). going to put a white panatime rubber diver on it and keep the bracelet as spares for my Monsters (they are very hard to come by - costing nearly as much as this entire watch).

Dan

:D