When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona with working Sec9 ?

ArkoN

Hi everyone,

we all know the problem with the rolex daytona and the asia 28k bph movement. It sucks because of the seconds at 9 modification.

Now I found something:

http://www.silix-prime.com/rols018-p-1485.html

"Movement:Automatic Lemania copy manual, with running second at 9. Also available with asian-7750."

Does anybody knows something about that?

I received my "running seconds at 9" today and other than the subdial spacing it looks fantastic! I knew about the spacing before I ordered it but I thought it a reasonable compromise for a more reliable movement in a watch I was only likely to wear when I needed a stopwatch.

These have been around for many years. Their biggest flaw (of which they contain many) is the location of the 2 uppermost subdials. On the gens (& good reps), the pinions in the centers of those subdials should be a millimeter or so above the equator of the dial, not in line with it. In my opinion, as rosnik already mentioned, this is a mistake that precludes the watch from serious consideration. Sorry.

Here is a quick pic taken with my iPhone of a pre 2000 model Daytona (seconds at 9) that I just got from Silix.

Yes the subdail spacing is wrong but I felt this was a better (more reliable) option. I notice they have been taken off the site now as it took him a month to find me one.

photo4.jpg