When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will the Montoya ever make it to the "ultimate" category

kronos twin

Has anyone heard anything about a Montoya ROO getting put on the list of reps that will be improved? I wouldn't mind buying the one with secs @9 if it didn't have the following problems:

1. The spacer between the bezel and the case should be carbon fiber

2. the bezel needs a more robust carbon fiber

3. engraving needs a bit of improvement on caseback

4. double hour markers at 12 are missing

I don't mind the open caseback, but these issues seem like a relatively easy fix. Any thoughts on this or ways to suggest this to the rep makers would be appreciated.

I appreciate that, Toad. Maybe i'm just posting stuff that people don't really care about. I wonder if others feel this way. I feel I represent the sort of member that tries to belong but isn't really in the mix. Maybe it's just me. I'll try to contribute more in different ways to see if I get a different response.

good point, armin. I'd love to have one, but there are just too many flaws right now. I might just end up getting one though. I just love the idea of putting a carbon fiber strap on one. I prefer the white dialed one. I've always found watches that have the primary colors represented on a dial as a very powerful palette.

That's the funny thing about some of these models. You need one person to step up and buy one...write a review (good or bad) but post killer pics...and then suddenly you get discussion.

I know for me and some others, we don't think twice about a watch...then suddenly somebody posts some really nice pics...and then the credit card is suddenly pulled out and we don't even realize it.

Lani has made me think more than TWICE about a pieces with his pics.

I didn't think much about the AP ROO RB's until some pics started showing up...then suddenly...wow!!

I remember awhile back there was a big discussion about lume and the NEED for some new brands to be introduced in high end reps. The Cartel introduced a couple watches by Ball...and I thought that would generate discussion...so I posted a thread...and NOTHING.

Do we see any other Ball watches?? Nope. Goes to show why there's no Ball section.

Same with Ulysse Nardin...not a lot of discussion at the start...but a few passionate members who posted a lot on the brand...now, lots more discussion...lots more brands.

Part of it is the overall taste trend...other part of it is education and exposure!!

Keep posting...keep being active...

I am an AP fan but it appears the dealers let this one die rather than trying to improve it. It looked to me like they skipped the Montoya in the upgrades to go to the Barrichello which seems to be more popular. And I agree the carbon fiber on the rep bezel looks terrible which is probably what killed sales.

I am an AP fan but it appears the dealers let this one die rather than trying to improve it. It looked to me like they skipped the Montoya in the upgrades to go to the Barrichello which seems to be more popular. And I agree the carbon fiber on the rep bezel looks terrible which is probably what killed sales.

even then they botched the barichello.. id love a barichello if they actually decorate the movement plate.. at least with a montoya u cant see the plate..unless thy fix the barichello.. if not then i might think to get a las vgas strip

I hear you all. Here's the pic that got me totally excited about the Montoya. It was something about the primary colors on that stark white background. As Kruzer states, the bezel was the deal on this one. The caseback is something most people here can live with if done with some care, but the bezel, given all that we see on Hublot watches and other APs is really the dealbreaker. Sad, really, because this piece can rock out.

post-16388-125762986971_thumb.jpg

I believe they will make the sec at 12 version.

If they can make the sec at 9 version, I think it is safe to assume they will make the sec at 12.

All the sec at 9 models have been made available in sec at 12.

I hope you're right, arrow. If you are, I am first in line and all of you will get a super review. Count on it!

• 4 weeks later...

I hear you all. Here's the pic that got me totally excited about the Montoya. It was something about the primary colors on that stark white background. As Kruzer states, the bezel was the deal on this one. The caseback is something most people here can live with if done with some care, but the bezel, given all that we see on Hublot watches and other APs is really the dealbreaker. Sad, really, because this piece can rock out.

WOW! That thing is SICK. This is in the works?