When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona "Seconds at 9:00"

jmb

I got my new Daytona yesterday and everything appears to check out fine. I'm not going to post a ton of pictures as everybody has seen these before and all of the discrepancies have been discussed ad nauseam so just couple short comments and a few small pix. I have always liked black dialed watches so I bought this with the black dial and, I'm sad to say, I'm a bit let down. I think this would have looked much nicer with the white dial and also feel that the incorrect subdial spacing wouldn't be so apparent on the white dial. But, all that said, it is a pretty nice looking watch, it fulfills my need for a "Rolex" chronograph, and I can now sell my once worn TAG quartz chrono! I think I will look around, though, for a white dial and do a swap some day...

front 1.JPG

back.JPG

clasp.JPG

You can spot as fake at 10 meters........sorry.

The subdials space is really out.

Take in count, that like explained here by By-tor:

The are not on the market 'right' Daytona reps.

IMO:

So, the best, is stay away from modern Daytona:

or spent 4000 bucks for frankye or 12000 for Gen.one . 8)

J-

I don't know what to say......but if you're happy with it, that's what matters!

BTW: Is this the quartz version? You just made me insecure with mine that I have to do a doublecheck.....whew!

F-

Rosnik, as I said these discrepancies have been discussed "ad nauseam", I know it is incorrect no need to beat the dead horse any "deader" than it already is! You suggest I buy a gen, I suppose you're right - I should have went down to Academy and bought another Gen Casio chrono.

Hike, no, this is the A7750 version, the TAG Chrono I bought a while back is quartz (any protests and wailing from the purists will be completely ignored) as I occasionally need a chrono. If I would have liked the styling of the TAG I would have used it instead of getting this poor beast...

I think I will look around, though, for a white dial and do a swap some day...

Pay attention to rosnik's comments, but if you decide to step up to the next level, read this (you may need to research some of the sites referenced, since they change their locations frequently - probably to remain ahead of legions of angry customers).

Your rep contains a number of obvious flaws, as rosnik suggested.

He knows, and doesn't care. X2. :lol:

But yeah, your You Can Build a Nearly Perfect 116520 Daytona tutoral is the way to go aside an 'Ubiquitous' style Franken, which is entirely out of the question in terms of cost effectiveness, for me leastways, for many of us. The price of a Perfect Clones 116520 is well within the 'box' but buying 2X for one watch? Hmmmmmmm. I've already tried two 116520's. No joy after 18 months. Rob abhors the current modified sec @ 6 7750, and I do as well. It is a widow maker.

I'm disappointed in the 'no show' of the modified 7750 that retains the secs @ 9, but addresses subdail spacing only that would render a nice 16520 (and a dozen other watches). That I'd try. I wouldn't even wait for a 'membership clinical study', I'd order as soon as Joshua listed the price. At or around the current 116520 piece premium.

@ j

You're right, the white dial is less obvious in terms of subdial flaw. I had one and it didn't bother me until I tried a 116520. Having correct subdail spacing was the deal breaker. I never went back. Oddly enough, the full gold 16520 is even less so. The watch itself is so intrinsically pleasing you don't really notice. Who could wear that though? An Allergy Doctor possibly. B)

Meh, it's just a watch.............the good news is it will run well until it needs normal service. Years. Not months. You'll prolly trade it before that.