When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something Thats Been On My Mind About Rep Accuracy

lionsandtigers

Okay, the REAL truth is that the gen manufacturers have a deal in place with the Chinese rep makers to make reps that are good but not perfect. This causes people who would not otherwise consider buying Rolexes and Omegas, and really have no business wasting money on such frivolities, to buy reps and unknowingly start on their path toward WISdom. Over time the reps are insufficient to satisfy their desire to be taken seriously as real WIS's and the rep buyer dips into his son's college fund/scratches plastic/cancels his yearly vacation to Hawaii to buy into the luxury watch club. In this way Rolex/Panerai/Omega gets thousands of new addicts a year and the Chinese rep makers collect all business of all those who can't afford or don't want the real thing anyway, so everybody wins except for the sap who drives a Pizza Hut delivery car, lives with his parents and has a Submariner and thinks he's James Bond.

I will no doubt be assassinated by the Rolex police for divulging the truth, so let me say in my last post that I've enjoyed being a member of RWC. Godspeed to all of you.

that's great :D love it! .........funny thing is..........sounds like my life story :D