When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Taking of Pelham 123

vlydog

Has anyone noticed the Travolta Breitling Blooper?

I am no Breitling expert but when the camera zooms to a close-up of the watch on his wrist it looks like he is wearing a white dial Superocean Steelfish. But when the shot is wide and when the camera catches a view of his wrist along side his body, it looks as if the dial has three sub-dials. The watch also looks like it is titanium in the wide shots.

One thing I caught and don't get is that the crown is not screwed in???? WTF?

my guess is that it's for continuity. I noticed the same thing on Leo's chrono avenger in the film blood diamonds. I guess that because it can take hours to film a one minute scene, it's easier to hack the watch than remember to turn it back a few minutes on every take.

Yes, I noticed the same things..

Guess that since Travolta is a Breitling Ambassador they had to use a Breitling in the movie? The chronograph looked like a Colt Chrono or an Aquaracer.

There are quite a few close-ups of the white Colt in the movie ( typical for countdown plots!). I suppose they did not bother to screw the crown back in.

A rather mediocre movie by the way.. Good action, but I missed a nice twist in the end.