When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

B&R mvmt removl

Hi there,

I bought this watch with a known PR problem.

IMG_7649s.jpg

IMG_7650s.jpg

But Im stumped as to how the movement is removed. Removing the 4 case screws wont make a differece as they are cosmetic aand the case has no split in it? I also know about the screw on the case back for removing the stem, but I just cant see how to remove the mvmt.... any ideas?

thanks for reading

Edited by dolphinfreindly

The four screws around the crystal are not cosmetic. They are the screws you remove in order to open the watch. Unscrew the tiny screw in the back, gently depress the button beneath that scew as you pull on the un-screwed crown, to remove it.

Then remove the 4 screws around the crystal and the entire face should come off in your hands. The movement can then be removed without any further action unless this model has tabs on the interior of the case which hold the movement in place.

Trust me on this ... it's not magic .. the entire face of the watch comes off. It might seem difficult to prise it up, depending on the waterproofing method this factory uses.

Here you can see the seam, which is hidden very well on your particular model:

img6308.jpg

JKay - you are right with regards to the 01 model but I believe the OP's watch is an 03! Which in real life also has the same method, I believe, but in this case it appears to be a solid block of metal...

I think what needs to be done is you need to somehow unscrew / prise off the 'bezel' that holds the crystal in place - I don't think the case and bezel is a one-piece construction, I think the metal rings are put in afterwards, presumably with crystal already in place. Can you see a gap between the metal ring and the case? I think I can see one on the pic of the crown where it slightly overhangs the case?

Good luck if it is as I can't imagine it's going to be easy to get off! lol