When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black Face Explorer II

jmb

I received the latest addition to my "Budget Collection" today and thought I'd post a few pics before I had to head off to work. I haven't really had a chance to research this model very much but at a glance it looks "reasonable" and feels good on the wrist - I think I'll wear it to work this evening! This was from the same seller as my "No-Date Submariner" and the fit/finish and feel was the same. My only gripe is that this band appears to be made from that mysterious "Steblehox" crap that my last budget watch's band was made from! All-in-all, though, I don't think I can complain much considering the $33.90 outlay as I think it's probably worth at least that much if parted out!

EXP 1.JPG

EXP 2.JPG

EXP 3.JPG

EXP 4.JPG

EXP 5.JPG

EXP clasp 1.JPG

EXP clasp 2.JPG

Looking good :) I tried on a white dial at an AD and wasn't over impressed with it, but it always photographs as an awesome watch. I'm now wishing I'd been able to try the black dial and seen how that looked... I'd now choose the Exp II over the 1655, as the dial is so much cleaner :good:

TeeJay, I was torn between this and the white dial and really thought I remembered ordering the white dial but looking back I didn't. I'm glad I got the black one, too.

I'm somewhat reluctant to publicly disclose "the source" as sometime in the past they were added to the "scammer list" on at least two forums. From what I could research it was all due to one complaint from one member and I felt there were some "extenuating" circumstances involved so I initially gave them a try with a small purchase. If anybody really wants to know they can PM me. But, once you add in the WU fees and shipping it's not as good a deal unless you buy more than one. They also have a "Swiss Movement" line (Asian clone 2386, 7750, etc.)which I feel is overpriced and not much of a bargain but the "bargain bin" has not turned out too bad.

I do kinda like these cases as the CGs aren't as fat as most and the ones I've drilled seem to be a harder grade of steel than most "budget" reps.

I think it'll be a while before I buy any more as I probably have plenty to play with and practice on for a while...

TeeJay, I was torn between this and the white dial and really thought I remembered ordering the white dial but looking back I didn't. I'm glad I got the black one, too.

When I tried on the gen, it just didn't impress me at all, but, thinking back, I'm wondering how much of that might have been me thinking "I could get this for 100% less online..." :whistling: I guess, at the end of the day, I'd rather have the function of a second timezone of a GMT watch, rather than just an AM/PM indicator, which really isn't of much use to me at the moment. That, and, although I'm trying to re-build my collection, I want to try and keep it only to watches which I will wear for particular occasions, rather than just buying everything I like the look of, which I was a bit guilty of in the past (the 1655 was a moment of weakness :bangin: ) :lol::whistling: