When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just got my new Carrera Day Date

miket900

Hi Guys,

I absolutely love this watch, it's clean and relatively simple and the rep I bought from Precious Time is fantastic, the bracelet has a great finish and everything....however....

In the centre of the crystal there is a small pale hair, barely noticeable at about 4mm long and I just know it is going to do my head in :bangin: . Any ideas? I'm no way experienced in stripping these down so the simpler the better....

Pics to follow when I have a chance.

Mike

If you are no way experienced in this, I would strongly suggest you not try to fix this yourself, it is surprisingly easy to ruin a watch in a short amount of time ;)

As you have just received the watch, you could contact PT and see if he can fix it for you, just need to post it back to him for a little while. Or alternatively you could send the watch to Domi in Germany for a full clean and movement service, he can easily remove the hair while he services the watch. The upside is the watch should then run flawlessly for many years to come B)

Cheers!

Do not bother a dealer with regards to a piece of hair. It sounds like they should be responsible for it...QA, etc...but save that sort of request for when it really matters (bad datewheel, lume dots, whatever).

2 options. Take it to any watch repair place and ask them to clean it...takes 20 minutes.

Do it yourself...but like MP said...if you don't have the proper tools and saavy, you will screw it up. To see what's involved, look at the tutorials or guides in my signature for the Sea Gull ST19 keyless works to see what's involved in removing a movement...or you can look for tutorials on swapping datewheels on an A7750 or swapping an A7750 itself pinned in one of the repair sections.