When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Right then

Nig

If you want a reliable Daytona, you could build one like mine (which is the one in the pic you added above).

-El Primero 400

-Gen dial

-Gen hands

-Gen crown

-Gen tube

-Gen bezel

etc. etc.

IMG_8495.jpg

IMG_8498.jpg

IT IS STUNNING though

IMG_8504.jpg

IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_5805.jpg

IMG_4495.jpg

It's expensive, but worthwhile as a fun project.

$4360.00 all said and done, which at the time was around 40% of what a gen 16520 T or U serial was selling for on the secondary market.

Parts were acquired over the course of a year; when you pick up a part here or there, the impact to the wallet is a little less severe :) I saved costs on certain items- For example, the movement was sold to me a la carte, so I didn't have to purchase a donor watch just to get the movement (saved me around $600), and I did the work myself, so the labor only cost me my time. Genuine parts aren't the cheapest, but they produce the best end result, so if you plan on tackling something like this, all I can advise is to be patient and keep some money on hand. I oft times found that parts were difficult to find when I would actively hunt for them. Of course, they'd always turn up when I stopped looking for them, or when I was least prepared or expecting to buy :)

Ubi, everytime i see your Daytona, my heart flutters

Thanks asf! ^_^