When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Plastic movement ring upgrade?

pilot

Evening all,

I've got (in bits) a new datejust replica (36mm, polished lugs), the dg2316 movement has just packed up, i'm going to put an eta 2836 in there but would love to shed the plastic movement ring in exchange for a screw down movement holder. Does anyone know about the logistics of this upgrade? Most of the high end reps have the movements screwed in and i'm hankering after much of the same. I'd buy a whole new watch but I'd enjoy the mini project and the 2836 is ready and waiting on the bench!

Kind Regards

Ross

Edited by pilot

If you're putting in an eta, that means you're putting on a new set of hands to fit the eta, and swapping over the datewheel overlay, or have a new one to install, right?

If the DG2813 is just held in place by the plastic movement ring, might try sticking with that MO first. If it has a plastic ring and hold down tabs and screws, try that.

Finding the right size movement ring is tough- they're not readily available. And even though a plastic ring doesn't look very professional, they work just fine- there's nothing wrong with them