When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Doxa on the 'Bay

Nanuq

@Red, believe it or not, the early Doxa Beads of Rice bracelets were even flimsier than early Rolex. :o I know, let that soak in... it's hard to believe. Wait for it... wait for it... There, when the twinge behind your eye stops you've accepted the fact.

Consequently, vintage Beads of Rice that don't look like a bunch of broken Slinky parts are truly impossible to find.

A few years ago I ran across an Ebay auction for several perfect NOS Beads of Rice bracelets for early Doxa. I won it, and now I'm verrrrrry slowly selling them off. A guy named Red (small world?) that owns a dive shop in Rhode Island had a Black Lung in desperate need of a BOR so I grudgingly sold one to him. I gave another away to a friend with a Black Lung, and I kept one for my Sharkie 300. I doubt you'll be able to find any more of the rascals, but it's fun to try.

I do happen to have about 20 pairs of NOS endlinks though... all new and unused and they fit the 300 case.

@Red, believe it or not, the early Doxa Beads of Rice bracelets were even flimsier than early Rolex. :o I know, let that soak in... it's hard to believe. Wait for it... wait for it... There, when the twinge behind your eye stops you've accepted the fact.

Consequently, vintage Beads of Rice that don't look like a bunch of broken Slinky parts are truly impossible to find.

A few years ago I ran across an Ebay auction for several perfect NOS Beads of Rice bracelets for early Doxa. I won it, and now I'm verrrrrry slowly selling them off. A guy named Red (small world?) that owns a dive shop in Rhode Island had a Black Lung in desperate need of a BOR so I grudgingly sold one to him. I gave another away to a friend with a Black Lung, and I kept one for my Sharkie 300. I doubt you'll be able to find any more of the rascals, but it's fun to try.

I do happen to have about 20 pairs of NOS endlinks though... all new and unused and they fit the 300 case.

B.. if I could I'd like to buy a set of those NOS end links from ya for my 300 .. my crosshairs are zeroing in on those treasures on the bay.. :blink:

AC

Lani

Are the ones on your gorgeous 300 Pro in bad shape? No problem... PM me your address.

Oh wait... maybe I already have it here! :tu:

they are a little bent up.. Arthurs bezel is NOS.. it would be nice to match um up :thumbsupsmileyanim:

any predictions on what a rough estimate ya think the current vintage's will go for ?? .. 7 day's is a looooong wait for bidding.. 8)

AC

Lani

No sweat ma brotha, I'll send you a pair. The 300 Rambler looks complete and sweet... Probably it will go for around $1,950. The DS? A little less, it's nice but not as collectible as the first run 300s are. And check the inner bezel ring hash marks... I think yours is accurate, his is weird-ish. I'm guessing 1,850 for it.

Prices are climbing with every sale, boys... Get 'em while they're still cheap!

No sweat ma brotha, I'll send you a pair. The 300 Rambler looks complete and sweet... Probably it will go for around $1,950. The DS? A little less, it's nice but not as collectible as the first run 300s are. And check the inner bezel ring hash marks... I think yours is accurate, his is weird-ish. I'm guessing 1,850 for it.

Prices are climbing with every sale, boys... Get 'em while they're still cheap!

thank you B!!!!!

Watch check book:showoff: pumping up fo action .. We'' see how it progresses.. think I may put all the funds into the Rambler..dunno yet..:)

jus one moooooo... ;)

AC

L

Rats! I bet if you keep an eye open "over there" you'll see it appear within a week. :whistling:

why is it I came to the same conclusion?.. but karma will catch up.. plus the dial was badly damaged by salt water (that was my guess to what caused the spotting).. it will cause the owner nothing but baddddd luuuuuck.. ***as he repeats that as a mantra*** :rofl:

Ah, now I see how this will play out... the new owner "over there" will sport it for awhile till he realizes the movement is knackered, then back on the 'Bay she goes, with full disclosure this time, and you POUNCE!

Second time 'round, the sale price will be a pittance, and lucky for us, you already have a couple gen ETA movements laying around :whistling: just waiting to go in that case!

Nice... very nice. :tu:

Hey, speaking of "wrist injury" I have a stress fracture in my left wrist, and I've been hitting the gym with the ever-delectable Ms. Nanuq. When I put a strain on that wrist it just aches like crazy. I can't pronate or supinate the wrist more than about 10 degrees without it hurting, which I don't mind, but when it's under load it just ACHES. I still have a good grip on that side. There's no "noise" in there, no crackling or grunching or growling, but it hurts from my fingertips to my elbow. Ya think I'm okay here? I want it to rebuild stronger than it was before. I'm taking lots of calcium, magnesium, omega-3 and vitamin supplements.

Advice???

wrist involves ligaments and tendons.. if you had just a fracture it would not be hurting as much ..those types of injuries take time to gain back elasticity (tendons, ligaments).. you probably had a severe sprain along with the fracture.. and sprain to the soft tissue involves some tearing.. although not "detached" .. I had that happen to my right wrist.. it took 2 years before I was able to do straight bar curls.. because at that angle your putting torque on the joint..

so stick with "e-z curl bars or dumbbells at 45 degree angles .. don't let the wrist supine-ate.. keep the wrist at an angle.. through the entire movement and either tape it whilst working out or get weight lifting wraps.. the wraps will support the tendons and ligaments.. even a few ounces of support will surprise you..all your movements should be with your wrist at an angle.. use different bars for that.

anti inflammatory meds.. advil.. ibuprofen.. it brings down the inflammation so the blood can get in and heal naturally.. asprin is a pain killer... it blocks the enzymes that cause pain where as Moltren will just bring down inflammation..

you just gotta work "around it" for awhile ..

and as a well schooled doctor once so eloquently put it when I told him.. "it only hurts when I do this".. he said.. "well, don't do 'that'" .. and walked out of the room.. :lol:

AC

R