When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with PAM 088 GMT variants

PeteM

Hi

I have been trying to find out more about the 088GMT, the gen version, I have the rep.

I have found several 088's on the web, for sale, for reference etc and I have found variants based on letter ID. Such as PAM088 GMT 'K' series and 'F' series.

I have looked on Paneristi.com for some help in identifying these variants and their differences but I cannot find it under the resources reference section.

Can any of you guys help with trying to find out what these ID variants actually mean. I wonder if its just something simple like a strap variation, its hard to be sure from the 088's I have seen and the case backs are not always available to view.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Someone was good enough to tell us on another site. Just thought I would post it though I am sure most of you already know the answer.

Its the prefix for year of manufacture. Starting from 1998 as A and onwards.

Someone was good enough to tell us on another site. Just thought I would post it though I am sure most of you already know the answer.

Its the prefix for year of manufacture. Starting from 1998 as A and onwards.

Correct, but that are minor changes with the variants form time to time. For example, movements that have engraved plates with "Panerai" vs. decorative. In the case of some the chrono's "Tachymeter" or Tachymetre", this was changed mid-year on F-Series Pam188's.

For the 088, the K series introduced ticker (front raised) crown guard and new lug pins, no change in dial. This year's (L series) came with slightly different strap (tan alligator with deployant), but the case is the same as K series. K and L series, as far as I know, were not replicated; the best rep so far is of the I series.

Thanks for that BikeMike. It starts to make sense now.

For the 088, the K series introduced ticker (front raised) crown guard and new lug pins, no change in dial. This year's (L series) came with slightly different strap (tan alligator with deployant), but the case is the same as K series. K and L series, as far as I know, were not replicated; the best rep so far is of the I series.

Polynomial Thanks as well. But being dense what is a ticker. I looked at a gen but I cant see what is raised on the CG. When you say the 'i' series would this be the ultimate that I see on sites?

Thanks again

Thanks for that BikeMike. It starts to make sense now.

Polynomial Thanks as well. But being dense what is a ticker. I looked at a gen but I cant see what is raised on the CG. When you say the 'i' series would this be the ultimate that I see on sites?

Thanks again

The CG is ticker from the front side as on manual PAMs. The "ultimate" cartel version (Angus has it too) is I-series, yes.