When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Santos, screws on the back?

horologist

has anyone actually ever purchased a Cartier Santos and if so, are the screws on the case back real screws for unscrewing or are they fake???

I have one which I purchased from a site I got from this forum which is suppose to have an eta 2836 mvt and I need to have it regulated as it goes fast, but have had no luck removing the screws from case back regarless of what I do. I think this is a dud of a watch. Any help with information please. Thanks

has anyone actually ever purchased a Cartier Santos and if so, are the screws on the case back real screws for unscrewing or are they fake???

I have one which I purchased from a site I got from this forum which is suppose to have an eta 2836 mvt and I need to have it regulated as it goes fast, but have had no luck removing the screws from case back regarless of what I do. I think this is a dud of a watch. Any help with information please. Thanks

The one I had (regretfully sold) the screws in the back worked.

Mine was a flat backed version, is yours the raised chrono style as these may be different

Sounds as if yours is different. Sorry not to be able to help more.

ST4

• 2 weeks later...

I unscrewed mine on Wednesday....I had just received it, and wanted to check out which 21J movement it contained...Mine has the raised back like on the chrono....The screws were a bit dodgy, some were deeper than others, but I managed to get it back together ok...I would suggest NOT trying to switch the position when reassembling...

IMG_9122.jpg