When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old rolex paper work

FxrAndy

I am aware that rolex used to issue paperwork that told the user what to do if the watch was gaining or losing a few seconds a day, ie if it was gaining during the day you would lay it side down at nifght and loosing you would lay it dial or case back down at night to allow it to catch up ect, I am happy with the theory but would like to have a look at the rolex wording if any one has a copy they could photograph or know of a link any where, Google gives me thousands of links but i cant find the one i am looking for

Thanks

I don't know if this was copied from the Rolex wording, but I made a copy of this some time ago from a website somewhere -

Oyster Perpetual watches should be washed regularly with warm water and soap, using a soft brush for metal bracelets. When dry, polish with a soft dry cloth.

After sea-bathing, rinse your timepiece in fresh water to remove all salt and sand.

SIMPLE REGULATING

If your watch loses or gains a few seconds per day (remember, there are 86,400 seconds in 24 hours), you can correct it without expert aid. The rate of a watch varies slightly depending upon its position. Take it off at night and place it as follows:

TO GAIN A FEW SECONDS:

Lay your watch flat with the dial uppermost

TO LOSE A FEW SECONDS:

Lay the watch vertically with the winding-button downwards

TO LOSE RATHER MORE SECONDS:

Lay the watch vertically with the winding-button uppermost

• 3 weeks later...