When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help needed for missaligned cyclops on a Noob case

Bosshaug

Hi Guys..

I have a 16600 or 16610 case which appears to be a noob case...however im not sure. I see tht the cyclops is not lined up straight and so i need to remove the bezel and try to correct/align the cyclops.

Can someone assit to tell me on how i proceed to remove the Crystal? Is it correct to understand that i remove the whole ring that sits under the bezel where the crystal is sitting in?How and what tools do i need to do this?

Also some slack on the bezel (a touch of rattling). How do i remove and how do i tighten the bezel?

Thanks guys :victory:

Rgds

P

Noob sub cases are F520117 and the newer M092117. To align the cyclops, remove the movement and pop the crystal out from the inside of the case w/ your thumbs. Clean it off and reposition it and repress it into place. Best to have a crystal press like the $15 one from Harbor Freight.

Removing the bezel isn't easy- you have to work your way all around w/ a knife/razor between the case and the bezel and keep lifting it up. It helps to have some wedges so when you lift one side, the other doesn't go back down. Slow slow slow. It's a PITA, but don't get in a hurry or you'll bend the bezel. There's a little ring under there w/ three little prongs, you can bend those up a little, hopefully that will tighten things up a little, then you press the bezel back on w/ the crystal press. Noob bezel's are notorious for being tough to remove, good luck.