When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Movement Quiz

Drulee

I posted this on another forum, so I figured why not test everyones movement knowledge. Most of these movements are found in the 036 - both genuine and replica. So let's see if you can tell which are genuine movements and which are not - feel free to try and pinpoint source of pics :) (hint - one is a pic of my 036, which needs a lot of modding :whistling: )

A)

gentest1.jpg

B.)

gentest2.jpg

C)

gentest3.jpg

D)

gentest4.jpg

E)

gentest5.jpg

F)

gentest6.jpg

G)

gentest7.jpg

H)

gentest8.jpg

I)

gentest9.jpg

Some interesting responses, nobody has them all right yet though. I'll post the answers after there are either more posts, or I feel the thread has died :)

Forgot to say on RWI: I lied!

Come on this quizz is st.....

A real pest eh?!? Still a couple of forums you missed though.

F maybe but i am not having it that H is a gen

gentest8.jpg

you can see the stick on plates

Now the only thing i see wrong on B id the shock mounting but every thing else is spot on even the pearlage on the ground plate

gentest2.jpg

I think this is a repaired gen

I'm starting to wonder if one of the boards we use as a resource to id gen watches, has posted a rep movement, as nobody here believes it is gen :whistling:

Can almost hear your enjoyment on this!!!

Drhulee you're talking about (I) which i believe comes from paneraisource. it's either a very bad pic or a rep movement and i think it's the latter.

Yes, that is what they have displayed under their OPII movement listing. I was going to send off an email to them for verification, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Assuming "B" is a hybrid, how can you really tell what parts are gen for sure?

I'll probably post up more info on each pic later tonight, or in the morning. So hopefully some more members will chime in before then.

Quiz Answers, or what I had originally thought had been the right answers.

A) Genuine movement from 036 posted on Risti

B) Hybrid, some gen parts, some Swiss parts

C) Older DSN 036 Swineze movement

D) Newer DSN 036 Swineze movement

E) Pic of my 036 movement that needs the cogs changed, and maybe some screws too (at least my dial has original "T SWISS T" :) )

F) Nicely modded Swiss movement with engraved plates and Asian balance wheel, from an 036 franken (gen CG mad it a franken)

G) Another Swiss movement with engraved plates

H) Swiss with engraved plates that I bought, and hope to upgrade to make it better looking.

I) Supposed to be pic of a gen OPII movement from PaneraiSource.com, but they may have unwittingly posted a picture of a rep movement ???