When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone have a spare GMTIIC dial and can take a photo of the back? *updated with pics on my "gen" dial!

concepta

I suppose the first thing to determine is where are the dial feet SUPPOSED to be on a genuine dial? If the dial feet are not where they should be i.e. positioned for an EA movement, then i would be very suspicious of the dial. If the feet are indeed different and your dial matches the feet pattern of the genuine , then it's a pretty good chance it's real. I don't know how you can tell 100% but that would be a dead givaway for a fake.Am I making any sense with this!!

Arthur

The printing on these rep dials so good that I would not want to try to authenticate the dial without having a known gen right next to it (in the palm of your hand) for direct comparison.

That said, if the dial feet do NOT fit into your ETA movement, then it is probably a gen dial (or an aftermarket dial made to fit a non-ETA movement). But if the dial feet DO fit your ETA, then it is definitely an aftermarket dial.