When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue dial Link Chrono owners

jdkno

I am wearing my Link Chrono today and while I have had this since a few months after they came out I just noticed something on it today. I noticed that the chapter ring blue does not match the dial blue. The chapter ring looks like a lighter and more shiny blue where the dial looks more matte and royal blue. Is the chapter ring supposed to match the dial 100% color wise??

Also has anyone tried this watch out on a leather or rubber strap? Would like to see pics if you have.

Some pics of my Blue link Chrono

taglinkchiefar008g.jpg

AC

Lani

Thats it, the way your chapter ring looks on the 3:00 side of the dial, kind of that chrome blue look thats the way my bezel looks almost all of the time in anything but the most faint light. Is that normal?? It NEVER looks as dark as the dial under normal lighting.

Thats it, the way your chapter ring looks on the 3:00 side of the dial, kind of that chrome blue look thats the way my bezel looks almost all of the time in anything but the most faint light. Is that normal?? It NEVER looks as dark as the dial under normal lighting.

I cannot remember my buddy's genuine..regardless if the genuine is like that.. I dig it .. it will alternate shades in different lighting.

taglinkchiefar004.jpg

this being one of the more accurate reps of the past I am confident the genuine reacts the same. as the chapter ring is metallic ,.. unlike the dial. even the dial will fluctuate colours .. especially with chiefs AR coat where all the light bounces directly off the dial and not the crystal.

AC

Lani

Hi Guys,

I've just got one of these, its a fab watch. I was just wondering, has anyone tried a cape cod cloth on the polished-Tachymetre bezel? would the black text/writing be safe?

Thanks for any reply,

Regards,

Dj

it will strip AR and for a enameled bezel insert best to use simple car polish if you have to use anything.. I just use a swede watch polishing cloth.

taglinkchiefar008.jpg

AC/Lani